Saturday's Dinner, 5/12/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm grilling the chicken that has been marinating in the l/o coconut/green curry clam sauce from Roy's dinner. Have some rice and ?? with it.

By the by - my tomato plants have nice buds on them - love that greenhouse!! But, my basil looks like hell - don't know what's happening.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/12/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
How about some black beans with that rice? Or peas?

I think we might be doing some burgers on the grill tonight, with a nice chopped salad to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/12/13?? by Mare749 (How about some black...)
We're doing burgers, too. I'm making a green and wax bean salad as a side.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/12/13?? by karyn (We're doing burgers,...)
hmmmm, yes - black beans
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/12/13?? by cjs (hmmmm, yes - black b...)
Brad is cooking tonight!!! I guess he took my no-cooking-Mother's-Day-Weekend strike seriously

Back when we were courting he had a few recipes he would cook for me. So tonight is his specialty, Sour Cream and Dill Chicken Breasts over Rice. Great comfort food on this cold and windy day. Best of all... I get a break.

Rumor has it that I get breakfast in bed tomorrow!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/12/13?? by luvnit (Brad is cooking toni...)
Going to a dinner party tonight and they're grilling steaks on a new bbq. So I'm bringing an appy and side dish. The appetizer is Jean's Caviar Pie, very excited to bring that. And the side dish will be grown up mac and cheese with gruyere, bleu cheese and panchetta
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/12/13?? by DFen911 (Going to a dinner pa...)
Shoot, wish I was going with Denise!!!! Have fun!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/12/13?? by DFen911 (Going to a dinner pa...)
That sounds so good Denise.

I think I'm going to make Mom's Tuna Salad and use my leftover pizza dough to make flatbreads on the grill. Easy do dinner for a work day.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/12/13?? by Harborwitch (That sounds so good ...)
Well, dish #2 of leftovers from Next Door - I marinated 1/2 chix in the coconut/gr. curry sauce from the clam dish Roy had. Wow - so darn good!!

[Image: May11Grilledchixwcoconutgrcurrysaucemari...25191a.jpg]

And, yes, leftovers really do rock - I had some Mango chutney leftover from my B'day dinner so topped the rice with that and drizzled the clam sauce over all!! (I should have kept the sauce off the grilled chicken = it was so pretty till I covered it w/sauce. )

[Image: May11GrilledCoconutGrcurrychixwriceandMa...887540.jpg]

And, the chicken was so large, I have a huge breast section left over - so 3rd dish from this will be an open-faced chicken sandwich (w/sourdough bread) and topped with a little of the clam sauce that I still have.

Talk about stretching out a doggie bag!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/12/13?? by cjs (Well, dish #2 of lef...)
Nice stretch, Jean!

I have had a hectic two weeks! I will eventually post our fine dining experience last weekend. It was soooooo good! I finally got MR duck breast and tasted Ashley's rack of lamb, which I had never had before.

Anyway, after major clothing finds last Saturday and my fine dining experience the same night, tonight's dinner is low key, but one of my favorites. After a WONDERFUL day and evening on the deck with a glass or three of wine served with cukes and Vidalias in vinegar with salt and pepper, William will fry me some catfish and serve with fries. I expect heaven again!

Tomorrow, dinner on the river with Mom! Three days of Mother's Day is fine and dandy with me! I may just make it these last few weeks until summer.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.