Wednesday Dinner, 5/8/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm grilling burgers and I'll probably 'have' to add a little bacon and other goodies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday Dinner, 5/8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Yum Jean! I'm taking it easy tonight - pulled some marinara with italian sausage in it from the freezer to serve over rotini. A cucumber salad of some sort to go with it. (Might just be cucumbers, thinly sliced red onion, feta cheese and a viniagrette).
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 5/8/13?? by Trixxee (Yum Jean! I'm takin...)
I think this is going to be one of those - everything sounds so good days!! Love that combination, Trixxee. (both the sausage and pasta and the cucumber)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 5/8/13?? by cjs (I think this is goin...)
Fish fillets Vera Cruz style over rice. One of James' favorite ways to have it. He's been working so hard, thought I'd give him a treat
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 5/8/13?? by farnfam (Fish fillets Vera C...)
Steak and salad for Ron, more chicken soup for me.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 5/8/13?? by Mare749 (Steak and salad for ...)
Still feeling punky, huh, Maryann??

You know there is just something about a bacon cheeseburger that is so simple and so absolutely delicious.

[Image: May8-BaconCheeseBurger_zps403b5d71.jpg]

could hardly get my dainty mouth around this....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 5/8/13?? by cjs (Still feeling punky,...)
Sorry you're still under the weather, Maryanne. Spring has finally sprung, what a crappy time to get sick.

Dinner tonight was Picky's birthday dinner, all of 56 today! Wild caught 11-15 shrimp cocktail, potato rolls with some sugar added to satisfy his sweet tooth, steamed corn fresh off the cob, tri colored spuds roasted then sauteesd in butter with my fresh herbs, and 4 day dry aged beef tenderloin with a port reduction sauce. King Arthur fudge cupcakes with fudge frosting for dessert.

Thank God his birthday only comes once a year.

He always takes me out for my birthday. He's got the right ideaSmile

A labor of love, so they say....

PJ

That burger looks really good, Jean. I would have enjoyed that just as much!
PJ
  Re: Re: Wednesday Dinner, 5/8/13?? by pjcooks (Sorry you're still u...)
Everything sounds good. This is my first Friday in 2 weeks. Bob is making grilled burgers and he picked up deli potato salad. I am whupped.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!