ANOTHER E BOOK RECIPE BOOK!!
  Re: (...)
My Lord, I have a lot of free recipe books on my kindle! I just can't seem to turn them down.

Played with one recipe today - I needed to return a neighbor's canning pint jar, so thot I'd be clever. I downloaded desserts in a jar (or something like that) a while back, so looked thru it and found "Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies" - but the mixture makes a quart of ingredient. I halved it and decided to make the cookies before giving the 'gift' jar to my neighbor.

Man, the intense chocolate flavor in these cookies is just outstanding.

[Image: May7-DarkchocChunkcookiesmix_zps7a2b4ea0.jpg]

[Image: May7DarkChocChunkCookes_zpsdbe100ac.jpg]

Halving the ingredients, I don't know if I screwed up the amounts, but the batter was too thick, so had to dilute with a little water.

I think I'm going to have fun with this book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: ANOTHER E BOOK RECIPE BOOK!! by cjs (My Lord, I have a lo...)
100 Easy Recipes in Jars. Grabbed that while it was free, a while back, too. I download most of the free cookbooks that show up on Pixel of Ink. Since there ARE so many of them, though, and since I don't want my Kindle to be in harm's way while I cook, I have the Kindle for PC program installed on my Windows computer and I download cookbooks to that. That way, I can also copy and paste recipes I would like to make again.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: ANOTHER E BOOK RECIPE BOOK!! by labradors ([i]100 Easy Recipes ...)
Dare I ask how you get the Kindle for PC program??? (read - would I understand? )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ANOTHER E BOOK RECIPE BOOK!! by cjs (Dare I ask how you g...)
Right HERE. It's very straightforward. Once you have it, when you order a Kindle book, you'll see a "send to" where you can say to send the book to your Kindle for PC, rather than your physical Kindle.
  Re: Re: ANOTHER E BOOK RECIPE BOOK!! by labradors (Right [url=http://ww...)
EMPTY YOUR P.M.s Labs!!

Just downloaded the program to my laptop - how cool this is. One question tho - all the books I have on my kindle downloaded and since I only want to use this for recipe books, if I delete a book from this program will it also delete it from my kindle??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ANOTHER E BOOK RECIPE BOOK!! by cjs (EMPTY YOUR P.M.s Lab...)
Hi Jean, Kindle makes a folder in 'My Documents" called My Kindle Content. That is where the books are saved.

Find one of the books you don't want on your computer, right click on it and select copy and then place it in another folder (does not matter which), then delete it from the kindle folder. Check your kindle and see if the book is still there. If it is you can do remove all the ones you don't want from the pc, if it is not, then get the copy you made earlier and paste it back into the my kindle content folder.

Personally, I keep all my ebooks on my computer (kindle, nook and iTunes), but take them off my iPad as soon as I have finished reading them to save space on the iPad.
  Re: Re: ANOTHER E BOOK RECIPE BOOK!! by Cubangirl (Hi Jean, Kindle make...)
Good idea, Alina. Thanks. You and Labs are going to get me going come hell or high water!!!

forgot to ask -

"Kindle makes a folder in 'My Documents" called My Kindle Content. That is where the books are saved."

Where do I find the "My Documents" folder - is it the one on my home screen(laptop) or where?

I think I found it - "My Kindle Contents" in My documents??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ANOTHER E BOOK RECIPE BOOK!! by cjs (Good idea, Alina. Th...)
Yes, that's it, Jean.

Have cleared out PMs.

The physical Kindle and the Kindle for PC program are handled as two separate "devices." What you do on one does NOT automatically take place on the other. Thus, if you have a book in both places and delete it from one, it's still in the other.

Also, books that you bought (even if free) from Amazon are always available in your "Archived Items" (on each device, as well) or you can log into your account via a browser, go to "Manage Your Kindle" and send them to either device from there.

Some exceptions to this (the only ones I know right now) are that some titles are restricted to the physical Kindle, and not available for the PC program and that subscriptions (e.g. the New York Times) will only work on the device for which you originally purchased them (i.e. if you have more than one Kindle you can't just move the subscription from one to the other, but must unsubscribe the one and then subscribe on the other).
  Re: Re: ANOTHER E BOOK RECIPE BOOK!! by labradors (Yes, that's it, Jean...)
Very cool. Downloaded and installed . . . I'm thinking more for cookbooks because I adore my audiobooks - but not for cookbooks. Thank you Labs, Jean, and Alinia!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: ANOTHER E BOOK RECIPE BOOK!! by Harborwitch (Very cool. Download...)
Finally, something I'm understanding.
www.achefsjourney.com