Tuesday Dinner, 5/7/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for eveyone today?

I'm making my Birthday dinner (but, it isn't my birthday yet, Denise )today. Anyone who's going to join in this project, it's much easier if you prep the day before. I made the marinade/rub for the chicken yesterday and the chutney (hope there is some left for today...just sayin')
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday Dinner, 5/7/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
The talk of hatch chile cream sauce got me yesterday so we're having spice- rubbed grilled steak and rice burritos (love rice IN a burrito) and I will try my hand at a chile cream sauce, but think I will add some cilantro to it. I don't actually have any hatch chiles though - will have to substitute poblanos or something.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, 5/7/13?? by Trixxee (The talk of hatch ch...)
Trixxee, try adding some rehydrated (in boilng water or stock) and puréed ancho and/or guajillo chiles, as well.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, 5/7/13?? by labradors (Trixxee, try adding ...)
Good tip Labs! Will add it to my list right now. Thank you.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, 5/7/13?? by Trixxee (Good tip Labs! Will...)
Not sure yet. I must have picked up a virus while traveling home. Probably going to be chicken soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, 5/7/13?? by Mare749 (Not sure yet. I must...)
Get better soon Maryann.

Trixxee, I use to make a poblano cream sauce called rajas, it was really delicious.

Tonight I'm making Hawaiian Chicken Salad.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, 5/7/13?? by losblanos1 (Get better soon Mary...)
Yes, feel better soon, Maryann -

Oh Trixxee - have you ever made the stuffed poblanos with walnut cream sauce that a number of us made a few years ago - I think everyone (Billy too) gave it a 12 to 15!!!! Dellicious!

Here's the link to the conversation re the stuffed peppers -
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...part=1&vc=1
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, 5/7/13?? by cjs (Yes, feel better soo...)
Despite what many people THINK is Mexican food, Chiles en Nogada (Stuffed Poblano Chiles with Walnut Sauce) is a very traditional, Mexican dish.

The recipe in that other thread looks good, at first glance, although I do see that, instead of using apples, pear and peaches (or sometimes citron and quinces), it only has apples (although, admittedly, it varies). It's also missing the traditional pomegranate garnish that would complete the red (pomegranate), white (sauce) and green (poblano) colours of the Mexican flag.

Still pretty amazing to see it in an American magazine.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, 5/7/13?? by labradors (Despite what many pe...)
Feel better, Maryann!

Jean--2 things--I had your b-day dinner planned for my Jewish holidays off next week, so my review will be a few days late. Secondly, how did I miss the recipe for stuffed poblanos?!?!? That is one of my favorite dishes ever. However, I'm going to have to sub pecans for the walnuts....childhood traumas of growing up in an abandoned walnut orchard still resonate with me...

Tonight we're having a beef and veggie stir-fry over brown rice.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, 5/7/13?? by karyn (Feel better, Maryann...)
Tandori Chicken. From one of the C@H light books I think. The original recipe was for Turkey Tenderloin. Making the peach chutney out of canned peaches (crazy) and the cucumber Riata. I think the kids will enjoy it. Served with brocoli and garlic bread instead of Nan. I didn't want to go out.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.