Oldie Dessert Rememberd
  Re: (...)
I'm craving a dessert, so made from the Carb Lover's book a chocolate pudding (and of course added some cayenne ) - but, while I was dreaming 'DESSERTS' I thought about an old one I haven't made for 20 years, I bet.

Bostom cream Pie - I remember as kids, my sister and I would rotate the 'pie' around to see where the most drizzle was and made mom cut our pieces there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Oldie Dessert Rememberd by cjs (I'm craving a desser...)
Lol I've only had that dessert once in my life and it was when I was in culinary school

So keeping on my theme - I give you Boston Cream 'Shooter'
  Re: Re: Oldie Dessert Rememberd by DFen911 (Lol I've only had th...)
Well, well, well now - guess I'd better do an addition of a little vodka in the filling.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oldie Dessert Rememberd by cjs (Well, well, well now...)
It's not an oldie dessert! My Mom makes at least 2 a year for 2 of my nephews who insist on Boston cream pie as their birthday cake (they're 25 and 20).

I was even able to eat a small slice last month during one of the celebrations and it was delicious-- at least this stupid gluten sensitivity hasn't kept me from eating this kind of thing entirely.

And Denise has inspired me to figure out a Boston cream pie shooter. We love the pineaple upside down cake shooter (pineapple juice, vanilla vodka, grenadine) so, darn it, I'm just going to have to work on this. If I can't eat my cake, I might as well be able to drink it!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Oldie Dessert Rememberd by foodfiend (It's not an oldie de...)
Quote:

It's not an oldie dessert! My Mom makes at least 2 a year for 2 of my nephews who insist on Boston cream pie as their birthday cake (they're 25 and 20).

On almost every menu here, as well as most Turkey Day and Christmas tables . Then again, it's New England.

PJ
PJ