T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/3/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making the salmon BLTs we were going to have yesterday. Ended up having a bacon-cheese-burger at Applebee's on the way home from spending the kid's inheritance at Costco. Good on us - we had coleslaw and NO fries.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/3/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I put in a special order for two pounds of brisket "burnt ends" from our local Rancho A Go Go bbq food truck (they also happen to have one small take out store front here in Orange). They have really nice rolls to go with it and good coleslaw. I need to check out their other sides as well.

Should be leftovers for tomorrow's Derby.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/3/13?? by Trixxee (I put in a special o...)
I have a sausage, spinach, white beans, and pasta. Hmmmm. Sounds like a meal to me. Now it depends on how the day goes at work. I am hating the afternoon shift, I get off at 7 and the "boys" have been out playing golf and drinking beer all afternoon. Grrrrrrrrr,
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/3/13?? by Harborwitch (I have a sausage, sp...)
Sharon - we have made this for years. You could sub spinach and serve over pasta.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...eans-15600
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/3/13?? by Trixxee (Sharon - we have mad...)
Oh, that's one I've made a number of times over the years, too. Been a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/3/13?? by cjs (Oh, that's one I've ...)
We're having left overs of the last 2 nights dinner. The lamb we had last night (oh so good and recipe is up on the blog) and the night before we had halibut. I was giddy, it was fresh caught wild halibut from costco for $15 a pound. I haven't seen it that cheap in 10 years! It's aways $25+. So bought a hunk and grilled it.

So tonight it's surf and turf - lamb and halibut
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/3/13?? by Trixxee (Sharon - we have mad...)
Trixee that's pretty much what I had in mind. It's something I could throw together quickly.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/3/13?? by Harborwitch (Trixee that's pretty...)
Salmon BLTs rock!! Especially when the onions are sauteed in bacong grease and the buns are brushed with more and grilled.... Oregon's Erath Pinot was a great match to boot!
[Image: May3SalmonBLT1_zps37454ea3.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/3/13?? by cjs (Salmon BLTs rock!! E...)
Jean, you've got me drooling!

Waiting at the hotel for Andrew. Coincidentally, we're going to Applebee's for dinner. But I'm most excited about tomorrow night's dinner! We're treating the kids, Andrew, Ashley, and BF, Jason, Here
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/3/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, you've got me ...)
I knew it would be good!