CBA (Cookbook Buyers Anon)
  Re: (...)
I MUST be stopped! There is an amazing used bookstore in town - I'm cruising it for Celebrate the Rain - but no luck today! Instead I found - "Tortillas - The El Paso Chile Company" by W.Park Kerr (OMG) and the bonus book "the ARK - Cuisine of the Pacific Northwest" (the Ark Restaurant Cookbook - with forward by James Beard. This one is autographed by the Chefs! Amazing recipes! Now I just need time to cook!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: CBA (Cookbook Buyers Anon) by Harborwitch (I MUST be stopped! ...)
They are hard to resist, I know.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: CBA (Cookbook Buyers Anon) by luvnit (They are hard to res...)
I hope you do find the Celebrate book- it sure has some great ideas.

I'm going to be contacting a local used book store and also the college culinary program to see if any of my books that I'm finally parting with will be of any value to them.

You should see the book 'area' in the house divided between 'we're keeping' and 'we're adopting out' I have to stay away from it or I slowly pick one or two to put back to save.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CBA (Cookbook Buyers Anon) by cjs (I hope you do find t...)
Do we need to enroll you in a 12 step program Sharon? And Jean? Have fun with your new books!
  Re: Re: CBA (Cookbook Buyers Anon) by Trixxee (Do we need to enroll...)
I think it'll take more than 12 steps for me. My only excuse was that they are little books. LOL
  Re: Re: CBA (Cookbook Buyers Anon) by Harborwitch (I think it'll take m...)
12 steps? Sounds like a recipe to me! CBA membership would, effectively, be one massive codependency.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: CBA (Cookbook Buyers Anon) by labradors (12 steps? Sounds li...)
I am going to have to quit or find more hiding places.
  Re: CBA (Cookbook Buyers Anon) by Harborwitch (I MUST be stopped! ...)
Quote:

There is an amazing used bookstore in town - I'm cruising it for Celebrate the Rain - but no luck today!

Okay. I'll be the enabler. Look HERE.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: CBA (Cookbook Buyers Anon) by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Labs! You're terrible!

Good luck, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: CBA (Cookbook Buyers Anon) by Gourmet_Mom (Labs! You're terrib...)
We had a thread on the old CI forum dedicated to cookbooks one part enabling, the other helping to kick the habit. I am very proud of myself in that I've not bought a new cookbook in a long time (not counting Modernist Cuisine at Home which is not a cookbook as much as an encyclopedia, )

I have to get rid of a bookshelf (not stable) and the cookbooks in it. No other place, so as in the TJ Max ad, I can't buy a new cookbook until I get rid of an old one.

I love reading cookbooks as much as I like cooking from them (probably more) so I appreciate your finds. I hope you enjoy reading them.