Wednesday's Dinner, 5/1/13??
  Re: (...)
Happy May Day to everyone - anyone old enough to remember laying flowers on neighbor's porches, ringing the doorbell and running away??? That was fun!! \

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I can't believe the Buffalo EVERYTHING kick I've been on, but I've sure gotten addicted to Frank's hot sauce flavor. We're having Buffalo ....Salmon

Since the weather is wonderful I'm grilling it instead of roasting, but since it calls for a light sprinkling of panko/oil, I guess I'll just stick it under the broiler for a minute. Just had a thought - maybe toss the panko with a little of the buffalo sauce (instead of oil) mixture first.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/1/13?? by cjs (Happy May Day to eve...)
Sounds good Jean. I think we're having buffalo in the next few days. Tonight it's the Bistro Beef and vegetables.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/1/13?? by Trixxee (Sounds good Jean. I...)
I love the flavors in Buffalo chicken, but John isn't a fan, so I don't do it much.

Tonight we're having enchiladas verdes.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/1/13?? by karyn (I love the flavors i...)
the sauce goes great with Salmon - I was very impressed.

[Image: May1BuffaloSalmon_zpsb9d8b372.jpg]

and with a side of Lemon Zest couscous - really tasty - it's a repeat.
[Image: May1BuffaloSalmonwCouscous_zps30e94ec3.jpg]

Now, with the leftovers I think I need to do a Buffalo Salmon Panini.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/1/13?? by cjs (the sauce goes great...)
Looks fantastic. Or you could do a buffalo salmon BLT!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/1/13?? by Trixxee (Looks fantastic. Or...)
I have been kind of addicted to the Buffalo flavor here too! Man is it really good. Don't know why I waited so long to jump of the Buffalo Chicken bandwagon.

Buffalo Chicken Dip has been really popular in these parts for parties and pot luck stuff. It is really, really delish.

I have been so busy today. And it snowed. But I managed to pull a tiny roast out of the freezer this morning. Threw it in the crockpot and dumped some homemade canned tomato juice over it.

So tonight we are having: Roast Beef, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Southern Tomato Gravy, Buttermilk Biscuits, and Green Beans

I have been making my own Buttermilk lately. It's been working out great! When there is about a cup of buttermilk left in the quart, I fill it up with whole milk, leave it on the counter overnight. Then stick it in the fridge in the morning and I have a whole new container of fresh buttermilk for pancakes, muffins, marinades, salad dressing, whatever. I wonder if I can freeze this stuff? I will have to find out.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/1/13?? by luvnit (I have been kind of ...)
Wow, what a great idea, Laura - copied!! I freeze buttermilk quite often, so don't know why the "Dolly" version wouldn't work.
www.achefsjourney.com