Cinco de Mayo??
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

It's been like, NEVER, that I have made any Mexican-type food. What are you all doing for Cinco de Mayo?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Cinco de Mayo?? by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]It's...)
Can you find our recipe for King Ranch Chicken in the index? Really good universal Tex Mex for all. The Mexicans like it too!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo?? by Old Bay (Can you find our rec...)
This isn't for Cinco de Mayo, but I made the chicken enchiladas from C@H's newest edition. They are in a baking pan for tomorrow's dinner and we will have refried beans and margaritas with them :-)
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo?? by chef_Tab (This isn't for Cinco...)
All I know for sure yet is I always make flan. But the rest of the dinner is up in the air.

I have yet to use my little gordito press I picked up on the road, so they will probably be on the menu also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo?? by cjs (All I know for sure ...)
Maybe we'll make another batch of the taco stuffed pasta shells. Surely not real Mexican by far but I like the leftovers they leave for a busy Monday the next day.
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo?? by Trixxee (Maybe we'll make ano...)
Well, here 's an idea for Sunday......

[Image: Apr30LangostiniTaco-Ready_zps51042d79.jpg]

Langostino tacos with homemade tortillas. Died and gone to heaven!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo?? by cjs (Well, here 's an ide...)
OMG, Jean, that looks delicious. Eye candy!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo?? by Old Bay (OMG, Jean, that look...)
Dinner will depend entirely on how tired I am after the spring yardwork. Maybe enchiladas, most likely tacos (grilled chicken with guacamole, or perhaps grilled salmon with a cabbage- tomatillo-avocado slaw...). I bought dried corn husks last month and hope to try tamales at some point, but they're a bit intimidating...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo?? by foodfiend (Dinner will depend e...)
Vicci – I’ve been wanting to make tamales again, also. Years ago I worked with a gal who made them and I learned a little from her. But it has been a long, long time.

I’ve decided to go the easy way for Cinco de Meyo tomorrow – Margaritas and Mexican pizza. But, we will have a dessert – flan! Love it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo?? by cjs (Vicci – I’ve been wa...)
We just love Cinco de Mayo, but sadly there is no time to get it together. Tomorrow, Holly will be having Abby's First Communion party and I don't even know what she is having yet, except for the pasta salad that Katie made. (picture on FB)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."