Dinner, Monday, 4/29/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We have running around to do, so will probably have a sandwich and soup at home later or somewhere.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Monday, 4/29/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
When Tony gets home from work he's putting the leftover corned beef to good use - hash, topped with eggs and a side of rye toast.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Monday, 4/29/13?? by Trixxee (When Tony gets home ...)
We're having one of John's favorite chicken sandwiches--grilled chicken breast with caramelized onions and a jalapeno-cheddar spread. I'll serve it with a salad.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Monday, 4/29/13?? by karyn (We're having one of ...)
We had Zinggermen's roast chicken in a skillet this Sunday it's getting to be a popular dis around here. And Jean, this time I brined the chicken before roasting it oh my goodness what a wonderful difference that made.
That being said I don't know if I'm going to use the leftover breasts today or tomorrow so I will wait and see what you have for ideas around here
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner, Monday, 4/29/13?? by farnfam (We had Zinggermen's ...)
Oh cis, I'm so glad you tried the brining.

Just got home with a brand new mattress for trailer bed and now I know what we're having for dinner and snack.

In the bowels of my freezer I have a partial bag of God-awful costco meatballs that I've got to use or give up and throw away. I'm going to use them in Asian Meatball Subs with hoisin Mayo - I think there will be enough flavor to help them out.

Later, we'll split a zucc, black bean and corn quesadilla.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Monday, 4/29/13?? by cjs (Oh cis, I'm so glad ...)
Quote:

In the bowels of my freezer I have a partial bag of God-awful costco meatballs that I've got to use or give up and throw away.

I hope that works Jean. We literally GAVE our bag away to someone Tony used to work with because he loved them so much. Good grief!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Monday, 4/29/13?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, I wouldn't go out and buy Costco meatballs to make this sandwich, but darn it was sure good!!! The sauce is so good I'm trying to decide what else I can use it on.

I think this is from an old Bon Appetit -that's the magazine I'm going thru right now.

The sauce is just (I made 1/2 the recipe):
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup mayo
2 1/2 T. fresh lime juice
3 tsps. Asian chili-garlic sauce (3 to 4) - I may use 4 next time

Deep fry meatablls (the recipe is for raw ones, but I just deep fried these after I thawed them. Mix sprouts with lime juice and sliced green onions.

Make a sub out of it with lots of the sauce. Great.

[Image: Apr29AsianMeatballSubswHoisinMayo_zps2eeb56f0.jpg]

- Maryann, I just used up all the sprouts you sent last year, but I have another batch of alfalfa going right now, we're going thru these so quickly!!
www.achefsjourney.com