Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I have a new book - well, not new, I picked it up on the road in January and I've made one dish from it. Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison's Fast Entrees.

Making 2 dishes from it today - using one of my Wagu steaks. I'm fixing 2 steaks so we can compare texture/taste/all that. with a pasta side.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Sounds good Jean. Steak here also - Tony picked up some beautiful (though big) rib eyes at Costco. We will split it and I think I'm making a Diane sauce for them. Broccoli as one side, maybe some yellow rice too.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? by Trixxee (Sounds good Jean. S...)
Steaks on the grill sound really good, but it's a little chilly here still. I am eyeing the Spaghetti Carbonara from the new [Email]C@H[/Email] Issue No. 99 (Wow! I wonder if they will do something special for issue No. 100!)

P.S. In this issue on Page 4 in Tips & Timesavers, they have the idea Sharon shared and posted with us about using the hanger to hold a cookbook open and hang it on the cabinet above. That idea was worth $100!!!!

(OOPS!!! I think you right Sharon. I think it was Jean that shared that. Great idea though!)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? by luvnit (Steaks on the grill ...)
I forgot about that tip! Genius!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? by luvnit (Steaks on the grill ...)
I think that was Jean!

Jeff has 4 doz. oysters and I am tasked with getting shrimp and the other components of the meal. The weather is perfect so we'll be grilling! I think the Diablo Shrimp with french bread from the new grilling book and some asparagus will finish out the meal.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? by Harborwitch (I think that was Jea...)
Sharon, have you ever done the Parmesan & Herb Oysters??? Yum.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? by cjs (Sharon, have you eve...)
Oh my Goodness - if you can buy some Wagu beef steak, I suggest it is SO worth it. We loved it. I just wish Ihad the vocabulary to properly describe it.

Wanted to keep the sides simple, so will save the pasta dish I was going to do for another day - went with grilled asparagus and mushrooms - YUM
[Image: Apr25Grilledmushroomsasparagus_zpscc590f35.jpg]

This is the steak just grilled -
[Image: Apr25GrilledWagusteak_zpsc96ed95b.jpg]

And the dinner was just fantastic with a bottle of Tobin James Cab. -
[Image: Apr25GrilledWagudinner2_zpsfcff5a14.jpg]

Happy campers!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? by cjs (Oh my Goodness - if ...)
That looks phenomenal! Great pics! I will show them to Brad when he gets home. Jealous!!!!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? by luvnit (That looks phenomena...)
I don't think that steak could have been cooked more perfect. The plating & pictures outstanding as always.

Tonight's dinner is burgers & fries. A 180 from Waygu beef.
  Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Soups and Grilled Cheese Sammies on steroids!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.