What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're having a Sunday Brunch today I have the other half of Jamison's pizza dough to use and since I screwed up the pizza ingredients yesterday (but, gotta say, the pizza was outstanding!!), I'm making a repeat with bubbly this a.m.

I found a soup from the 400 cal. book that looks really good that I want to add the last smoked pork chop to - we nibbled away one of them. I may even smoke some more veggies to add to the soup. They were so tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Feta burgers still on pause. I think I'll be making chicken with the almond butter sauce, smashed or roasted red potatoes and a green vegetable of some sort. Need to go shopping.
Tonight is roast beef, asparagus, and ????. I have the day off and no running around to do.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I had to go grocery shopping today. We were out of a lot of stuff. I must have hit it just right because I got a lot of great deals at Sam's and Cub foods.

I got a Boston Butt for 1.29 lb. Any ideas for that?

Tonight I am making a chuck roast in the crockpot, mashed potatoes, rich beef gravy, and a Caesar salad. I picked up some freshly baked baguettes too.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? by luvnit (I had to go grocery ...)
How 'bout sausage??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? by cjs (How 'bout sausage??...)
I don't have a grinder... Tongue shoot... I'd like to get one for my KA. I may have to price that out.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? by luvnit (I had to go grocery ...)
Quote:

I got a Boston Butt for 1.29 lb. Any ideas for that?

Can you use a Boston Butt for carnitas? I'm always getting the shoulder and butt confused.
  Re: Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? by luvnit (I don't have a grind...)
Jean, we're having brunch also. Rolled omelet with smoked salmon & Crème Fraiche with a side of asparagus. From Celebrate the Rain.
  Re: Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? by losblanos1 (Jean, we're having b...)
Trixxee, "Boston butt" IS the shoulder. The name comes from the type of barrel in which they used to ***** the meat, not from the shortened term for buttocks.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? by labradors (Trixxee, "Boston but...)
Thank you for clearing that up for me once and for all Labs! And now I'm craving carnitas.