Hey, cauliflower fans!
  Re: (...)
This Roasted Cauliflower Tart sounds delicious.

[Image: cauliflower20tart.jpg]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Hey, cauliflower fans! by labradors (This [url=http://www...)
sounds reallly tasty - unhealthy, but darn good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey, cauliflower fans! by cjs (sounds reallly tasty...)
Great. Going to try this soon.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Hey, cauliflower fans! by mjkcooking (Great. Going to try...)
I love cauliflower though I am not fond of broccoli. This works with both, but it is great with cauliflower and it is healthy. Don't skip the smoked paprika, combined with the granulated garlic is what makes it so good.

EXPORTED FROM LIVING COOKBOOK

ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH PAPRIKA*****

This was so quick and easy and looked so pretty as well. I am putting it on my company veggies list.

Oven Temperature: 450°F

Servings: 4

Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes

1 head cauliflower florets
4 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. smoked Spanish paprika
1 ½ tsp. sweet Hungarian paprika
1 TBS. granulated garlic.
Kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Preheat oven to 450°

Cut the cauliflower into florets slightly larger than bite sized pieces. Drizzle with EVOO all over, then sprinkle with a combo of 1 tsp smoked Spanish and 1½ tsp sweet Hungarian , sprinkle granulated garlic, kosher salt. and freshly ground pepper. Toss to cover all.

Roast at 450° for 10 minutes, turn at roast 10 to 15 minutes more until lightly browned and tender. Serve with lemon wedges.

Recipe Type: Cauliflower, Side Dish, Vegetables

Author: Mine adapted from Every Day Foods

It was so easy and soo good. I adapted a recipe from EF.and . I drizzled it with EVOO (the original said 2 TBS., but that didn't feel like enough so I just added more by eye. I then spread 1½ tsps Penzeys sweet Hungarian Paprika over 2/3 of it and a tsp of Penzey's smoked Spanish over the final 1/3. The recipe did not specify, only said 1½ tsps. paprika, so I wanted to see which I liked more. I sprinkled Kosher salt and white freshly ground pepper over all of it. I also sprinkled Penzey's granulated powder over ½ of the florets with the sweet paprika. (the recipe did not call for garlic). All of it tasted great, but we loved the part with the garlic best.
  Re: Re: Hey, cauliflower fans! by Cubangirl (I love cauliflower t...)
Thanks, Alina. Copied and saved.

Broccoli is my favourite vegetable, but cauliflower used to be just so-so, for me, because I had always had it boiled or steamed or mixed in with a whole bunch of other things. It wasn't that I didn't like it - just that it wasn't really anything special.

The recipe that changed all of that and made cauliflower interesting to me was the one from Theresa's birthday dinner review, a while back. The Cauliflower-Crust Pizza didn't hurt, either.

I'll definitely need to try this one, too, if I can find the smoked and Hungarian paprikas. All I've seen here, so far, is the sweet paprika, so I may have to try it with that, even though I know the flavour will be different.
  Re: Re: Hey, cauliflower fans! by labradors (Thanks, Alina. Copi...)
These all sound delicious! While we're on the subject of cauliflower, remember Jean's Poor Man's Shrimp Cocktail? Great snack with drinks on the deck.....sighs wistfully, longing for warm weather
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hey, cauliflower fans! by farnfam (These all sound deli...)
Oh, I forgot about that one, Cis.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey, cauliflower fans! by farnfam (These all sound deli...)
One (not roasted) cauliflower recipe I've been wanting to try, but keep forgetting and/or pushing aside for other things is Gobi 65:

[Image: 606315387718c2c12e39b.jpg]
  Re: Re: Hey, cauliflower fans! by labradors (One (not roasted) ca...)
neat picture, too.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey, cauliflower fans! by cjs (neat picture, too....)
Labs, you can't get Pimenton? I'd skip the Hungarian (sweet) paprika and just use the Spanish.