What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/21/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today?

Went to Costco yesterday to pick up some cheeses (can't believe the cheese drawer is darn near empty!!) and came home with 2 things (another unbelievable occurance ) - dish soap and salmon! The mozz & provolone were sliced, and no jack. What a wasted trip.

I'd already taken a pkg. of dough out of the freezer, so will come up with something.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/21/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Chicken Cacciatore with Angel Hair Pasta.

My filets came out GREAT last night in the new toaster oven!! The pastry dough got nice and crispy brown. Thanks again Alina!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/21/13?? by BarbaraS (Chicken Cacciatore w...)
We are having baby back ribs with Sweet Baby Ray's, au gratin potatoes (boxed) and corn on the cob.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/21/13?? by Trixxee (We are having baby b...)
From the Celebrate the Rain cookbook we're having Roasted red pepper , mushroom and spinach Frittata topped with feta, basil & tomato and a side of The Best Bacon, also from Celebrate the Rain.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/21/13?? by losblanos1 (From the Celebrate t...)
Blane, we have the exact same taste in food. I have both of those recipes earmarked!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/21/13?? by Trixxee (Blane, we have the e...)
Trixxee, I've noticed that we share similar tastes.

I've got a few recipes bookmarked also.

[Image: CelebratetheRain_zpsdb0d28a9.jpg][/URL]
Bright and beautiful yet chilly here today so the last clam chowder of the season is simmering away. Butter rolls, salad and something for dessert if I get to it.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/21/13?? by pjcooks (Bright and beautiful...)
Blane - check your FB page. You will find an eerily similar picture.
Chicken Sausage Gumbo.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/21/13?? by Lorraine (Chicken Sausage Gumb...)
I really got side tracked today by getting out Chef Bill Jamison's Smoke & Spice book. I picked up salmon at Costco yesterday and was browsing to do something different. And, that can of worms just opened up!!

So, today I'm smoking salmon with a sugar-and-spice marinade (3/4 c vodka, br. sugar, salt, pickling spice and dill seeds) to go on his White Pizza with Vegetable confetti - also smoking ingred. the red pepper and onion.

thirdly, I'm smoking 2 pork chops that I brined this a.m. and then marinated in the sauce from C@H's Grill book #4 - Drunken pork kebabs.

I have recipes all over the island top.

Trixxee and Blane, I had to move my Celebrate the Rain book to the kitchen bookcase because of you two!! I've made the Best bacon, but not the Frittata...yet. Blane my book looks like yours only my post its are yellow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com