What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/13/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Whooooeee, taxes are done, signed, sealed and on their way. We WILL have a better method next year so we don't have to hurry home!

I thawed out a steak yesterday to go with the l/0 creamed spinach from the Mushroom burger, but....Roy really like the spinach. So, plan B is to do something with the steak or make Sunday's dinner today.

Found a pork sirloin roast the other day in the freezer while I was going thru the #3 Grilling book (5-spice chicken on cover) and I haven't made the Southest Asian Pork Loin and it looks good.

Decisions, decisions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/13/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight we're having Mushroom Pork Marsala with buttery noodles and asparagus. It's been a long time, and William brought the last year's sage to the house and it's HUGE!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/13/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight we're having...)
Tony's got all sorts of tomato items out and various meat thawing (ground beef, ground pork, italian sausage) so I think it's more lasagna!

By the way Jean, left you a post on FB about today's horse racing schedule! Two HUGE races, one on regular NBC and one on NBC Sports, 1:30pm and 3:00pm (Pacific), respectively.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/13/13?? by Trixxee (Tony's got all sorts...)
Oh, I'm so glad I came on to post a thread, Trixxee!!!! Thanks. I'll set my timer!!

And, dinner is decided - it's not raining right now, so I'm going with the steak and a pineapple rice dish from one of the grilling books.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/13/13?? by cjs (Oh, I'm so glad I ca...)
No idea. Will probably just catch something on the run or soup and sandwich later. Have shopping to do for vacation.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/13/13?? by Mare749 (No idea. Will probab...)
Well since Friday didn't turn out as we planned(It was pizza and beer) Today we will have the egg plant pecorino and pear salad and the wine of course
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/13/13?? by farnfam (Well since Friday di...)
My wife's cooking a new one tonight, Enchilada soup with Fiesta Rice.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/13/13?? by losblanos1 (My wife's cooking a ...)
Oh I need to make that Enchilada soup for Derek.

But tonight we're having pasta with creamy garlic sauce and grilled chicken.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/13/13?? by DFen911 (Oh I need to make th...)
We both loved the Pineapple rice from one of the Grilling books (has Best Ever BBQ chicken on cover) - combination of pineapple juice + sugar (at first I cut it in half, then went ahead and added the other tsp. of sugar and wasn't too sweet), red pepper flakes, lime and cilantro??? All the flavors in one bite - just yummy!! Had it with Rib eyes.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 4/13/13?? by cjs (We both loved the Pi...)
That does sound good! I'll have to look that up.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.