New Cuisinart Cookware Set!
  Re: (...)
While out shopping yesterday I noticed a box of cookware on a clearance shelf. It was a Cuisinart Classic Stainless 14-piece set. A stainless set has been on my radar for a while. Of course, I would love to have some All-Clad, but the set I want costs as much as a camper the entire family could enjoy, for Pete's sake!

Anyway, there was only one box on a shelf of odd computer printers, and an exercise thingy. The set was $104!! Jeez I just bought a Teflon skillet the other day for $26... How could I go wrong??!! Yes, I bought them and took them home. They look really nice, feel really great in my hand even though they are on the heavy side. Clear lids and loop handles.
I found a several reviews online and they were all very good. Average 4 out of 5 stars. Not bad. They had an Cuisinart 11-piece set at Amazon (suggested retail $670).

Hey, I lived with a set that I hated for several years now... This HAS to be an improvement!
[Image: 1365601929695.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: New Cuisinart Cookware Set! by luvnit (While out shopping y...)
Great buy, Laura. I need to pick up a set (which I don't usually purchase) for the trailer - stacking and banging around really does them in. Mine is an old set I used when I was Personal Cheffing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Cuisinart Cookware Set! by cjs (Great buy, Laura. I ...)
What an AWESOME deal! Although I love my nonstick omelet pan, my favorite cookware is the stainless steel. And yours are darn pretty... I love glass lids, too.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Great bargain! I have several pieces and it works really well.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: New Cuisinart Cookware Set! by Old Bay (Great bargain! I ha...)
What a great buy Laura!! Have fun with it!

Just a note - when I splurged in 1999 with buying Calphalon Commercial Cookware - it cost a BUNCH, but it came with a lifetime warranty which they honored for 4 pans - a $600+ loss to them. I've only replaced my saute pans with high-end All-Clad Copper Clad which will probably be the LAST saute pans I ever buy. Think about the cost per year instead of how much it initially put you back.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: New Cuisinart Cookware Set! by BarbaraS (What a great buy Lau...)
Man I need to shop with you! What an awesome find
Laura, you got a great buy, those are beautiful. I love Cuisinart cookware (much better handles than the All Clad horrible long handles) and have a lot of it all bought separately. I love that the lids for the sauté pans work on the skillet (mine the 5 Qt. works on the 12" the smaller one on the 10".) The lids though glass I've found to be virtually indestructible. You got a great bargain.

If you do not already have some, get some Barkeep's friend to keep them looking new. It works better on fairly dry pans for tougher stains. I use it every time (I am pretty anal about stuff like that). Rinse it well and then wash with regular dishwashing soap. You'll be amazed that they are easier to keep nice than non-sticks and the great fond.

Enjoy it in good health.
Were you at Big Lots?

Those are beautiful! I need to replace my small non-stick skillet and noticed Costco has a 3 piece set on sale. I just might go there next week on our way to Umatilla.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Cuisinart Cookware Set! by Harborwitch (Were you at Big Lots...)
I do believe you scored! Enjoy your new goodies. Makes cooking more fun!
  Re: Re: New Cuisinart Cookware Set! by Cubangirl (Laura, you got a gre...)
Yes, these were a bargain! Allina, you are right, all the lids are dually interchangeable, I love that too.

Got them at Sam's Club... Had been admiring them for many months... Well worth the wait!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura