Leftover Ham Idea from Noble Pig
  Re: (...)
Thought this might appeal to some here as I know many of use love Reubens. This is made with leftover ham.

http://noblepig.com/2012/12/leftover-hol...ben-style/
  Re: Leftover Ham Idea from Noble Pig by Trixxee (Thought this might a...)
Wow, does that sound good!!! thanks Trixxee!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Leftover Ham Idea from Noble Pig by cjs (Wow, does that sound...)
That really sounds good to William!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Leftover Ham Idea from Noble Pig by Gourmet_Mom (That really sounds g...)
It's official. I hate Noble Pig. Have you seen her post about her kitchen?! I thought I hated her with the coffee table post/pic layout of it and the gorgeous living room. But noooooooo, now I really hate her!

Her kitchen is to die for. Wolf this, Wolf that. And Sub Zero thrown in to rub the wine in my eyes!! I could've had Wolf! Crap!! I suffered through 20 years of cooking on a 1923 Quality Gas Oven!! I settled for GE Monogram because of the discount we got from Hubby having worked for GE decades ago! I could've had Wolf! I COULD HAVE HAD WOLF!!

I thought I had saved up enough sympathy dollars for cooking with an oven that couldn't hold a 16 lb turkey and 4 burners that crowded 8" pans!! But nooooooooo!!

Okay Jean, now you HAVE to solicit the Kettle peeps for a Kettle pizza stove. You HAVE to do this for all of us.

Darn it, someone has to speak up for us Saturday night chefs!

Barbara<~~~when I win the lottery...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Leftover Ham Idea from Noble Pig by BarbaraS (It's official. I ha...)
Okay, you all know I was just busting on NP on a satirical rant.

What a house! Beautiful!

And I'm very happy with my GE Monogram. I wish my skills could do it justice for being in my house.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Leftover Ham Idea from Noble Pig by BarbaraS (Okay, you all know I...)
LOL! It's okay Barbara, I lust after a kitchen like that as well! Maybe one day!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Leftover Ham Idea from Noble Pig by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! It's okay Barb...)
I'd lust for that kitchen too - but we'd have to install it in a trailer we could tow behind the motorhome. Barbara back when I was managing the marina someone offered me a profession Wolf range for FREE. Problem was that the floor in the kitchen of the "residence/hovel" would have caved in and we'd have had to fireproof the wall behind.

That recipe looks really good. I just might have leftover ham, and I have kraut. Just need the cheese and the bread.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Leftover Ham Idea from Noble Pig by Harborwitch (I'd lust for that ki...)
Okay, I've calmed down.

I hear what you're saying Sharon. That Sub Zero would cave our kitchen floor in, too. The stove spans the old part of the house and the addition to the kitchen we did. It's slightly off balance because of the floor.

Barbara
  Re: Re: Leftover Ham Idea from Noble Pig by BarbaraS (Okay, I've calmed do...)
You're so funny, Barbara!!!

May I just say, after years of cooking on Wolf stoves at different friends/clients homes - I would not have a Wolf stove if someone gave it to me. Personally, I think it is an over-rated piece of vanity. (Sorry to whomever might have one in their kitchen...just sayin')

I must say I love my kitchen so much I'm really not envious of anyone elses - I finally have what I want in the whole design.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Leftover Ham Idea from Noble Pig by cjs (You're so funny, Bar...)
Actually Jean, I'm very happy with my GE. I couldn't justify the price of the Wolf. (5 figures) The only thing I'd like more in my kitchen is space!

And I still miss that Quality stove.

Barbara