Wonder how (and if) this works...
  Re: (...)
An online competition (not related to food or wine) is giving away a free bottle of THIS wine (including shipping anywhere in the world) to the winner.

According to the website at that link, their wines are not only alcohol free, but have also won prizes over the normal, alcohol-containing counterparts.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Wonder how (and if) this works... by labradors (An online competitio...)
So, if you use an alcohol free wine, is the cooking time reduced since you don't have to cook out the alcohol?
  Re: Re: Wonder how (and if) this works... by Cubangirl (So, if you use an al...)
Really? Does anyone in this group actually drink that stuff?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wonder how (and if) this works... by Mare749 (Really? Does anyone ...)
Quote:

Really? Does anyone in this group actually drink that stuff?

Why would they? Who picked the judges?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Wonder how (and if) this works... by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
It's like vegetarians trying to make food taste like meat...why. If you don't eat meat, don't eat meat. Same with wine, imo.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wonder how (and if) this works... by cjs (It's like vegetarian...)
Great point!

At least these are (according to the site) "de-alcoholised" and at least started off as normal wines. There's nothing that could be done to "de-meatify" a steak, so the analogy is probably closer to that of decaffeinated coffee.
  Re: Re: Wonder how (and if) this works... by labradors (Great point![br][br]...)
Even for decaf coffee I say "Why?"

What exactly is the point? I agree with Jean too about the vegetarians. Having grown up as a vegetarian myself, I always heard, "It tastes just like ____________ (insert meat name here)." And really, it never did. I happen to love vegetables, so why can't it just taste like whatever you are eating?

Which brings me to the 'Fat Free' crap. I dislike that stuff also. If you are cutting out fat, eat something that is naturally fat free. It just tastes better.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wonder how (and if) this works... by luvnit (Even for decaf coffe...)
The additional problem with fat-free retail foods is that they often increase the sugar to make up for the lack of taste caused by the lack of fat.