What's for Dinner, Sat., 3/23/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

Tracie is making Grandson's b'day dinner - Ham (w/o.j. & maple syrups glaze) and mac and cheese (the family version). I think all of us are more excited than if we were anticipating a Five Star fine dining dinner. This one is a real family favorite.

P.S. Oh, and German Chocolate Cake for B'day dessert.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 3/23/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Sounds good Jean!

I'm doing French Onion Salisbury Steak with Daphne's Turnip Gratin and leftover creamed spinach. Side salads with Blue Cheese dressing.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 3/23/13?? by BarbaraS (Sounds good Jean![br...)
We're having taco salad. I just love those tortilla shell forms that Daphne sent me as part of my secret santa gift a few year ago!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 3/23/13?? by Mare749 (We're having taco sa...)
I think I'm doing the Manhattan glazed chicken, with asparagus. Not sure what the other side will be - potatoes or rice of some sort.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 3/23/13?? by Trixxee (I think I'm doing th...)
I'm still looking.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 3/23/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm still looking. ...)
I'm having fun this a.m. and hope the dish turns out, 'cause I love the name for the recipe I'm developing.

Lemon Piccata Omelet with Feta and Onion Cheddar....

It's smelling good. Might just be the bloody mary, too, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 3/23/13?? by cjs (I'm having fun this ...)
I have completely changed course. Tony is going to pick up some filets at Costco and I will make an old favorite that I haven't made for years - filet with chipotle mashed potatoes, lemon crema and sauteed spinach, topped with a compound butter.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 3/23/13?? by Trixxee (I have completely ch...)
Lemon Piccata Omelet with Feta and Onion Cheddar....

Man, is this a keeper!!!

[Image: Mar23LemonPiccataOmelet_zps3421511f.jpg]

(that's a little Bill's Pulled Pork sauce drizzled on plate...)

We all have to remember to keep the quantities down as in amounts for topping pizza! I sauteed onion, garlic, celery, fresh jalapeno (about 1/3of the pepper) until soft in EVO/butter. Add capers, a couple squeezes of lemon juice and a little white wine to deglaze.

When the liquid is almost gone completely; set aside and make an omelet - I make a 4-egg omelet for us to share.

Add the onion/caper mix to the omelet, topped with feta cheese and Onion Cheddar (probably won't have again, but an aged white cheddar would work). fold over top with little more cheddar. If you're not a purist, stick it under the broiler for a minute.

Now, to figure out which cookbook to add this to.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 3/23/13?? by cjs (Lemon Piccata Omelet...)
Wow!, Jean, that sounds and looks awesome!

I finally remembered what it was I wanted earlier in the week. It's about as uninspired as it can get, but I LOVE them so! I don't have them often, so I plan to have my fill tonight! Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing and a big salad! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 3/23/13?? by cjs (Lemon Piccata Omelet...)
Outstanding Jean! That looks delicious.

As usual on Saturdays, my wife has the kitchen and has selected Cuisines 'Gumbo Pot Pie' recipe.