Happy Birthday, cheesemonger/Allison!!
  Re: (...)
Happy, happy birthday, Allison!! Hopefully you're off today and can have a real celebration!! It was great seeing you when we passed thru Austin.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Happy Birthday, cheesemonger/Allison!! by cjs (Happy, happy birthda...)
Happy Birthday Allison!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday, cheesemonger/Allison!! by BarbaraS (Happy Birthday Allis...)
I forgot - wanted to send this to you, Allison. Have you heard of this place yet??

Austin: Michi Ramen

Look out, Ramen Tatsu-Ya! There’s a new kid in town named Michi. The ramen shop offers several different kinds of broth, and you can order yours light, regular or stout. Plus, Michi is the only place in town with a vegetarian option and the ability to build your own bowl.

6519 N. Lamar Blvd.; 512-386-1908

Sounds like a fun spot.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday, cheesemonger/Allison!! by cjs (I forgot - wanted to...)
Happy Birthday, Allison!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Happy Birthday, cheesemonger/Allison!! by cjs (Happy, happy birthda...)
Happy Happy Day! I hope it's relaxing and delicious!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday, cheesemonger/Allison!! by pjcooks (Happy Happy Day! I ...)
Happy birthday, Allison!

[Image: hbtoyouanimalband.gif]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday, cheesemonger/Allison!! by labradors (Happy birthday, Alli...)
Thanks, everyone!! I had a fancy dinner last night at a place here called Lenoir where they do a pre fixe menu. Had a wonderful goat dish. Now I'm going to have a margarita in the Texas sunshine so that's a good birthday to me.

Jean, I have heard really good things about Michi Ramen but have not been there yet. Put it on your list for next time you and Roy make it down here! We had so much fun this last visit.
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday, cheesemonger/Allison!! by cheesemonger (Thanks, everyone!! I...)
Oh, Allison, I had goat at Posh last week and I know I really disliked it the last time (years ago) I had it, but this was really good! Will have to work with it again and see....did you like it?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday, cheesemonger/Allison!! by cheesemonger (Thanks, everyone!! I...)
Happy Birthday Allison! It sounds like you're having a great birthday . . . carry on & enjoy!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday, cheesemonger/Allison!! by Harborwitch (Happy Birthday Allis...)
Mmmmmm... goat is delicious - especially Jamaican Curry Goat. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?