Scaling, Baking Pan Conversions and Baking Times
  Re: (...)
We've been discussing this in the other forum to which I belong, so I thought I'd share it here. Please download it if you wish to make changes. Go to save as to download into Excel or whatever.
Scaling, Pan Sizes and Baking Times Worksheets

There are 3 sheets, see labels at the bottom to view,
  Re: Scaling, Baking Pan Conversions and Baking Times by Cubangirl (We've been discussin...)
Very nice, Alina. Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Scaling, Baking Pan Conversions and Baking Times by labradors (Very nice, Alina. T...)
It is nice to have all these conversions/weights/scales - My textbook from school has all of the info for me and my pages are really dog eared, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Scaling, Baking Pan Conversions and Baking Times by cjs (It is nice to have a...)
Great info and thanks, Alina. Now, could someone please explain (in simple terms) how the scaling works? Does that mean to reduce the weight of each ingredient by that amount?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Scaling, Baking Pan Conversions and Baking Times by Mare749 (Great info and thank...)
Maryann, here are a couple links that might help you. The first one is the one I used to use before I went to school.

http://www.fruitfromwashington.com/Recip...rsions.php

and, this one is similar to my textbook - doing the 'fraction' thing. Works beautifully.

http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/measure...caling.htm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Scaling, Baking Pan Conversions and Baking Times by cjs (Maryann, here are a ...)
I'll wait until I'm on the laptop so I can download into Excel and save in that format.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Scaling, Baking Pan Conversions and Baking Times by Gourmet_Mom (I'll wait until I'm ...)
Sorry the original post for the spreadsheet had the explanation, but since I've always done using an algebraic equation to get my conversion coefficient, I didn't bother to copy it.
  Re: Re: Scaling, Baking Pan Conversions and Baking Times by Cubangirl (Sorry the original p...)
Thanks Alina and Jean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."