What's for Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?
(seems like a long time since I've typed that... )

Our saga of ridiculousness continued into the night! Just pouring out (but that's really o.k., I've gotten enough sun to recharge my batteries for a while) and driving around a town we're not familiar with, found out Mesa's Cafe Bao has closed!!! The Cafe Bao that I called to make reservations is in Tempe!! Thank God for cell phones and iPads (that work!!) - called and cancelled the reservations and started searching for restaurants near where we were and came up with Blue Adobe Grille.

http://www.originalblueadobe.com/menu.html

And, what a find it was!! What a great place, the entire waitstaff was just so up and helpful and funny. the food was delicious. The day had gone so upside down for us, we both would have been happy to just drink the whole bottle of Layer Cake Primitivo (Zin), but we both ordered appies and a salad.

Anyone still with me here? I know I'm rambling....
We both had Carne Adovada. What it was was a hunk of lettuce with mounds of (fantastic) pico de gallo, Jack/Cheddar cheese, beef or chicken, & sour cream. Just peel off a leaf of lettuce and fill with the goodies and top with the (also fantastic) black been dip which they had served when we arrived.

[Image: Mar8CarneAdosadaBlueAdobeGrille_zpsae2af33d.jpg]

Not a pretty presentation, but oh my what a great way to serve lettuce wraps. I'll certainly do this again. Like for dinner today - there was so much left.

O.K., I'm done - that's what we're having.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Now that's what I call making the most of a miserable rainy day. Glad it turned out to be tasty and fun.

No idea what will be dinner tonight. We're going out shopping, so may just have something out. Now I'm going to have Jean's dinner stuck in my head all day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That looks really tasty Jean! We're going to do filets en croute. Hubby's fave.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/13?? by Mare749 (Now that's what I ca...)
What a cool way to present! I'll be stealing that!

Tonight will be the ribs, corn on the cob, and salad that did not happen last night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (What a cool way to p...)
I just love the presentation, too! And nice for two people to share a fast dinner, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/13?? by cjs (I just love the pres...)
Looks delicious Jean!!
We are doing a tortilla crusted halibut with an avacado/tomatillo salsa.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/13?? by Old Bay (Looks delicious Jean...)
I could eat that whole plate right now Jean!

I think we are having chicken with almond butter sauce, yellow rice and carrots.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/13?? by Trixxee (I could eat that who...)
Believe it or not, Jean, I'm pretty sure the restaurant you hoped to visit was on Mystery Dinners tonight on FN! They had a problem with service. Weird!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Believe it or not, J...)
Really, Daphne?? I'll have to look thru some of the shows and see. It was certainly impeccable when we were there!!
www.achefsjourney.com