What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/5/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I picked up a flat iron steak a few days ago, so will do something with it. We're on the road today to Casa Grande - between Mesa and Tuscon areas for a whole week!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/5/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That sounds like a great place to hang out for a while.

I made up two pans of stuffed peppers this morning to cook later. Abby has a cold, so is staying with me today. We will be having pancakes for lunch.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/5/13?? by Mare749 (That sounds like a g...)
We are having leftover bbq glazed meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I will saute some asparagus. $1.29/lb right now.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/5/13?? by Trixxee (We are having leftov...)
Quote:

I will saute some asparagus. $1.29/lb right now.

I do miss those kind of prices on asparagus! I don't think I've paid less than $2.99/pound, and that's a good price....

There's rain moving in, so I want comfort food. We're having Cincinnati Chili.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/5/13?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Nice buy on the asparagus Karyn! I would have to blanch and freeze some!

Today the kids have a snow day. I decided not to work, so I am making tomato juice and canning it. I love doing that in the winter. At the end of the summer when I have canned spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, tomato juice...

I eventually get tired of canning, but the tomatoes still keep coming. So I wash them and run them through the food mill my hubby got at Fleet Farm. It takes out the skins, stems, seeds, and core; and leaves me with a beautiful puree. I put it into ice cream buckets and freeze to process later. I can make sauce or juice or ketchup.

My dinner plans are chicken enchiladas, however, with all this canning and kids home, I may opt for something simpler.

[Image: IMG_20130305_095353.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/5/13?? by luvnit (Nice buy on the aspa...)
It's always so comforting to see canned goodies waiting for us!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Love the canned tomato juice!

We have leftover Cochinita Pibil so we'll have tacos, and the stuffed peppers, and I have some zuchinni. I have to check on work times, and we have a special appointment at the Chiro's this afternoon. I'm going to make the cheese this am.

I saw beautiful asparagus at $4.99 a lb. Too rich.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/5/13?? by Harborwitch (Love the canned toma...)
The canning looks wonderful! Well, I've already changed my mind. Tony wants the meatloaf to take to work for lunches so I'm going to make the buttermilk herb fried chicken with black pepper gravy (though the last time I screwed up the gravy pretty good). Stove top stuffing and asparagus for sides.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/5/13?? by Trixxee (The canning looks wo...)
My mother's brother passed away recently and his family is meeting up with the rest of the family and old friends this evening. So we will be making the drive over for the memorial and a visit. I have no clue what dinner will be. Weather is moving in, so I am dreading the drive. Thankfully, William will be driving.

Laura, your juice looks so good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Quote:

food mill

I used to have an electric one for when we did bushels of tomatoes. Great tool to have.

We're doing a private dinner at the winery tonight for a group of students from Nigeria (the creme de la creme, very wealthy). So, I guess it will be leftovers when we get home.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.