Why Have I Never Done This Before????
  Re: (...)
[Image: Mar3PiclingJalapenos_zps62afbec5.jpg]

Don't want to unhook the truck from the trailer since we'll be on the road again day after tomorrow and I'm all out of pickled jalapenos - so! How easy are these!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Why Have I Never Done This Before???? by cjs ([img]http://i3.photo...)
Why Jean,

It's hard to imagine anything you haven't done! (you left yourself open to that one)

Pray tell, what did you pickle them in?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Why Have I Never Done This Before???? by cjs ([img]http://i3.photo...)
Looks pretty!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Why Have I Never Done This Before???? by luvnit (Looks pretty!...)
Carrots and Jalapenos?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Why Have I Never Done This Before???? by BarbaraS (Carrots and Jalapeno...)
I love pickled carrots with mexican food, for sure!
  Re: Re: Why Have I Never Done This Before???? by Trixxee (I love pickled carro...)
Isn't there suppose to be cauliflower in there too? I just loved hot pickled carrots.

Jean you should fry some up like I did with the pickles!
  Re: Re: Why Have I Never Done This Before???? by DFen911 (Isn't there suppose ...)
I'm confused. What is different here? Isn't this like refrigerator pickles? Am I missing something?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Why Have I Never Done This Before???? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm confused. What ...)
Oh Barbara - let me count the ways (and things) I have not done...yet!!

I've been wanting to do the fried pickle thing, Denise, but since I'm not a real dill pickle fan, I've been dragging my heels to do it with another pickle. But, you're right, I should try these.

I was just interested in getting a supply of pickled jalapenos, but anything can go in the jar. Essentially, yes, they would just be refrigerator pickles.

It's just equal amounts of water and cider vinegar with 1 tsp. salt per 1/2 cup of water/vinegar mixture. Heated to disolve the salt. So much can be done with this, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Why Have I Never Done This Before???? by cjs (Oh Barbara - let me ...)
This is probably a really stupid question but keep in mind I have never pickled anything before.

Do you let the water/vinegar mixture cool before adding the vegetables?
  Re: Re: Why Have I Never Done This Before???? by Trixxee (This is probably a r...)
Not a stupid question at all, Trixxee. I just heated it in the microwave ~2-3 minutes to dissolve the salt, so it wasn't realy hot and by the time I'd sliced the peppers and carrots it was like lukewarm.

Got to say these little suckers are really good - even I was eating them out of the jar!!
[Image: Mar4RtryingPickledJalapenos_zps710bfce8.jpg]

Now I'm sorry I was so stingy with them on the pizza, but I wasn't sure if I'd like them - but, watch out next pizza!!
[Image: Mar4PizzausingPickledJalapenos_zps68721e8e.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com