What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/3/13???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I found a pkg. of New Year's Eve Pork Belly in the bowels of the freezer, so we're having Pasta Carbonara (again!!) with diced pork belly - repeat of a dish Denise, Sharon, etal had in P.A. a few months ago.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/3/13??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Working on Pizzas for tonight. Just plain Margharita pizzas. Trying to figure out this kettlepizza grill thing. Man this sucker gets over 800 degrees! The pizzas literally cook in about 2-4 min.

We did a burn last night and stuck in a quick pizza for an experiment and we left it in a little too long.

[Image: grill.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/3/13??? by luvnit (Working on Pizzas fo...)
Isn't that a nifty deal, Laura! You've turned into the pizza queen!

As stated last night, we're doing Lobster Ravioli in Pink Sauce with salad for lunch and Smoked Brisket with some sort of side, yet to be determined, will be dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/3/13??? by Gourmet_Mom (Isn't that a nifty d...)
Brrr...it looks cold there Laura. Good luck with your pizzas.

Tonight I'm making the chicken mole from the new issue with Mexican rice and black beans for sides.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/3/13??? by losblanos1 (Brrr...it looks cold...)
Looks like fun Laura!

Tony is making bbq glazed meatloaf. I'm making mashed potatoes and not sure of the vegetable. Unless someone goes to the store, it will be canned or frozen corn.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/3/13??? by losblanos1 (Brrr...it looks cold...)
Quote:

Tonight I'm making the chicken mole from the new issue with Mexican rice and black beans for sides.

I'm looking forward to your review, Blane. I have yet to find a mole that I'm completely happy with, and it's one of my favorite memories from a trip to Mexico.

I think I'm doing an old favorite...sauteed steak with white and rosemary. I'll make some risotto and roast some broccolini to serve with it.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/3/13??? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Laura we've been looking at one of those things. We left our Weber in ND - although it might be tempting to get a new one.

We are having a knock off of Chochinita Pibil. I can't get banana leaves here so we'll just do it in the crockpot. I think I'll do that corn salad, and some roasted peppers. I guess we should have some rice to go with it and sop up the juices.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/3/13??? by Harborwitch (Laura we've been loo...)
Not sure what we will have for dinner. We're going to visit my in-laws for the afternoon, so they are probably busy cooking something right now.

Have fun with your new pizza oven, Laura. We watched a youtube video that demonstrates how to use it. Interesting.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/3/13??? by luvnit (Working on Pizzas fo...)
That looks like so much fun! Off to check it out.....

PJ
PJ