What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

We're going to a little restaurant, 814A Texas Bistro in Comfort, TX (right up the road from us). It's a small place transformed from an old post office and I'm anxious to try Chef Millard Kuykendall's goodies!!

http://814atexasbistro.com/

But for breakfast, we're having our very last little summer truffle with buttered linguini and focaccia.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Japanese pork cutlet, rice and green beans.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? by Roxanne 21 (Japanese pork cutlet...)
We are having a salad topped with pecan crusted chicken. I just got on the scale. Oy.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? by Trixxee (We are having a sala...)
Jean, that restaurant looks like a fun place to visit, and the menu looks very interesting. I would be tempted to try the quail.

Dinner tonight will be much like Trixxee's. I have some leftover rotisseried chicken, so will make a chicken caesar salad and 18 hour bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? by Mare749 (Jean, that restauran...)
I would try everything on that menu! I drool everytime I see a covey of quail skittering across the golf course. It's been way too long.

The last time we had quail they were from Hebert's Custome Meats in Texas - they were stuffed with crawdad etouffe and wrapped in bacon. Bob cooked them on the grill . . . OMG

I don't know - it will depend on the water heater. It's raining, we have our Dr's appointments this am - and I guess I'm working this afternoon. I'm hoping the chicken is still okay.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? by Harborwitch (I would try everythi...)
Used my last little black summer truffle on pasta carbonara for lunch and it was just outstanding. Mondavi Chardonnay topped it off. I could eat this dish once a week now I like carbonara.....

[Image: Feb28TruffleLinguini_zpsfc3574f7.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com