What's For Dinner Sunday, 2/24/13??
  Re: (...)
what's on the menu for today?

Today is Bill & Jane's pizza party so lots more fun food to be had!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner Sunday, 2/24/13?? by cjs (what's on the menu f...)
Tonight it's Pork Wellington with apple sage sauce and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Sunday, 2/24/13?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Pork We...)
Tony is making baked ziti.
  Re: What's For Dinner Sunday, 2/24/13?? by cjs (what's on the menu f...)
Bob and Jeff are smoking a big ol' pork butt. I have to work. I am thinking some Smoked Mac & Cheese and a 3 bean salad. It's me begging for spring to get here.

My little green house has chives, culantro, cilantro, lettuces, and some flowers! This week I'll start the parsley, thyme, garlic, and other goodies in the little seed starter in the green house.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Sunday, 2/24/13?? by Harborwitch (Bob and Jeff are smo...)
I had originally planned Clam Chowder, but it's so pretty outside, this may change.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Sunday, 2/24/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I had originally pla...)
It's been gorgeous here in Atlanta as well, so we took a long ride into the mountains...almost to NC, but not quite. I think it'll be something quick and easy...maybe hamburgers or hot dogs.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Sunday, 2/24/13?? by karyn (It's been gorgeous h...)
We had the best pizza party last night at J & B's - but, saving my pictures is a pain-in-the... slow this mmorning so will post some pictures later.

What a spread Jane and Bill put out!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Sunday, 2/24/13?? by cjs (We had the best pizz...)
Bob created a master piece Saturday;
[Image: 003_zps3dccf518.jpg] He smoked this one over apple and hickory until it registered 195 internal.

[Image: 007_zps2b6d8070.jpg] When he pulled this it was like butter, the fat cap had completely dissolved into the meat - OMG!
[Image: 006_zps31518f26.jpg] Since this was Jeff's welcome home dinner I made his favorite 3 bean salad. I was out of red wine vinegar so used a bit of apple cider and the rest balsamic! WOW It kicked the flavor of the oregano really forward - sooooo good, this will be changed in the recipe.

I know I planned on smoked mac & cheese - but a series of incidents put my back into spasm again and I slacked off, Salt & Vinegar potatoes. I just had bigger potatoes than called for so I cut them in half, rubbed them in olive oil, sprinkled with salt and roasted them on oiled foil. When they were done I proceeded with the recipe as usual. They were so good!

[Image: 005_zps612d4447.jpg]

``
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Sunday, 2/24/13?? by Harborwitch (Bob created a master...)
Lookin' good, Sharon!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Sunday, 2/24/13?? by cjs (Lookin' good, Sharo...)
That pork looks AWSOME! I'm drooling!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.