Wolf Fish?
  Re: (...)
I want an Imperial dish tonight, but the one that's on special is Wolf Fish. Has anyone had this?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Wolf Fish? by Gourmet_Mom (I want an Imperial d...)
Um..no

[Image: Wolffish2.jpg]
  Re: Re: Wolf Fish? by DFen911 (Um..no [img]/ubbthre...)
LOL! I know! Pictures like that are why I'm asking!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wolf Fish? by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! I know! Pictu...)
Did that wash up on the beach? It's not looking so well.
  Re: Re: Wolf Fish? by losblanos1 (Did that wash up on ...)
darn it, daphne - I've had too much wine to google.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wolf Fish? by losblanos1 (Did that wash up on ...)
I've had it and liked it, but not as much as the other fish we tried that night...Sablefish. That is incredible!
  Re: Re: Wolf Fish? by karyn (I've had it and like...)
I think I may just have to go with what I had last time. I'm not sure I can eat something that looks like that! LOL!

Although....

"Bonefish Gril is one of those chain restaurants I'm not ashamed to say I like. I've been to 3 of them in Louisville and Cincinnati. I've never had a bad meal the numerous times I've dined there. Their bartenders make some refreshingly strong, yet not too boozy or sweet cocktails I always end up getting something from their daily specials. The wolf fish has been my favorite. The texture does taste sweet like lobster or monkfish. And I always like the daily "vegetable" sides they offer. It's not your average steamed broccoli or carrots. Something unique like chickpeas with olive oil always intrigues me. I think the restaurant is designed to get you in and out efficiently. I've never felt like I should linger and chat since the dining room is very open and not intimate enough for long conversations."
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wolf Fish? by Gourmet_Mom (I think I may just h...)
I did go ahead and google wolf fish and it is related to the Atlantic catfish - so how would I not love it.

And, as you've heard all your life, I'm sure Denise - don't judge by the looks - Monkfish is another of the ugliest fishes around and the meat is just buttery smooth, sweet and delicious.

so, you didn't order it, Daphne???? (or is that your review above?)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com