Issue 98 is out
  Re: (...)
I saw Issue 98 at the store. It was the first in a long time, that had stuff that I found appealing (of course I can't remember what was in it ). Has anyone seen it?
Of course in typical C@H fashion, they are still offering only 97 digitally. I do wish they'd come into the 21st century.
  Re: Issue 98 is out by Cubangirl (I saw Issue 98 at th...)
Well I got my issue today. The pizzas look interesting, but I have Jean's book. Although, they do have a recipe for two mini pizza crusts that somebody should check out. Hubby is still not talking pizza after the first-time disaster we had.

The Strawberry tart looks good, also. I need to buy smaller tart pans for indies and divide the dough.

Other than that, meh.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Issue 98 is out by BarbaraS (Well I got my issue ...)
Thanks Barbara. It was probably the Strawberry tart that caught my eye.
  Re: Re: Issue 98 is out by Cubangirl (Thanks Barbara. It w...)
Well, I think I'm a little underwhelmed. Though the ham salad with pecans and apples on a biscuit sounds pretty good right now!
  Re: Re: Issue 98 is out by Trixxee (Well, I think I'm a ...)
Got mine yesterday and had a chance to peruse it last night. Sorry to say this, but I was definately underwhelmed. What has happened here?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Issue 98 is out by Mare749 (Got mine yesterday a...)
I still want that ham salad biscuit sandwich though! Come Easter time I suppose.
  Re: Re: Issue 98 is out by Trixxee (I still want that ha...)
I, too, wonder what's going on with the magazine.
  Re: Re: Issue 98 is out by DFen911 (I, too, wonder what'...)
Looked thru Bill"s yesterday and I think I only saw one dish which looked worth making.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue 98 is out by cjs (Looked thru Bill"s y...)
Somewhere, the CAH website used to post a picture of the table of contents of the current issue. Right now, however, I'm trying to find it and I get to THIS page:

[Image: cahcurrent.png]

Where the arrow I have drawn points, it DOES say "Current Issue" and that IS a LINK, but HERE is the page where it actually lands - NOTHING about the current issue.

All of this got me wondering about what I had seen before and, indeed, I did find that the tables of contents for older issues are still there, up to issue 91:

[Image: toc-spread-large.jpg]

After that, if I try to plug in any other issue numbers, it just goes back to the home page (obviously an error trap for having tried to go to a non-existent page).

Do any of you know where to find the current issue's contents on line? Otherwise, without signing up for the forum and coming here to ask, there would be NO way for non-subscribers to find the current issue's contents on the Web in order to decide if they want to take a trip down to the book store to buy the latest issue. In that case, some people may just wait until they happen to be going to the book store for other things, but - out of sight, out of mind - how many will remember it by the time they do get to the store? For that matter, how many people have already decided not even to bother with the magazine any more because they are no longer able to see those tables of contents that would act as enticements to purchase the latest issue? To me, it gives the feeling of a corporate machine that has eliminated all of the people who truly used to CARE for customers and weren't interested only in the next sale.

NOW, with all THAT out of the way, what ARE the contents of the issue 98 and why are so many people so underwhelmed with it?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Issue 98 is out by labradors (Somewhere, the CAH w...)
I think it's a decent issue and plan on making a few of the recipes.

[Image: Issue98_zpsfe6baa68.jpg]