Facebook Question
  Re: (...)
Just got an email saying a person has confirmed me as a friend... I DID NOT asked to be friends, so how the hell did my ex get this request??

Can someone with computer knowledge do this?? He's not a bad guy, just a complete a$$ and I really don't want him around my postings. I will 'unlike' him, but I'm just curious how this could happen in the first place......

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Facebook Question by cjs (Just got an email sa...)
Not sure if I will be much help here, but did you "confirm" his friendship? If not, then you might want to just ignore the request.

If you have already confirmed, then go to your account page and mark him as an acquaintance. I'm not positive about this, but I think that will take care of it and he won't see anything you post.

It will be interesting to see what others have to say about this because I've wondered about the same thing when posting pics of the kiddies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Facebook Question by Mare749 (Not sure if I will b...)
That is really strange. Maryann, he didn't request. He confirmed a request from her that she didn't make.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Facebook Question by Gourmet_Mom (That is really stran...)
Do NOT click on ANY links in the email: it could be a fake/phishing email. A couple of times, even I've received emails saying that someone has confirmed me as a friend on FaceBook. The problem with that: I don't use FaceBook, so it's just not possible (and they were not the email you get when someone you know invites you to FaceBook).

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that the person really isn't in your friend list and/or that the links in the email, upon closer examination, don't really point to FaceBook (although they may look pretty similar).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Facebook Question by labradors (Do NOT click on ANY ...)
thanks guys - I'll just delete the email and ignore.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Facebook Question by cjs (thanks guys - I'll j...)
Hey Jean, This has happened to me too on Facebook. Some people I don't even know, but may have gone to school with etc. I only have about 200 Facebook friends and that is plenty. I think Facebook tries to 'connect' you with other people you 'might' know. It's not a phising scam, and there is no virus, just a general Facebook notice.

Best advice is to ignore it, BUT when you go onto Facebook later, if he is now your 'friend' just unfriend him.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Facebook Question by luvnit (Hey Jean, This has h...)
I agree with Labs, it is probably a scam. Facebook does not send emails asking for friend confirmation. You see that when you log to your home page. There is a red (I think) number that appears toward the left on top. There are 3 things, one is for pms, one is about someone asking you to do something and the other is when someone posts on your posts I think. At least that is how they appear for me.

I just ignore anyone whose name I don't recognize. I figure if they know me, they'll send me a pm through Facebook only explaining who they are or ask a mutual acquaintance to do so. I just got one yesterday from some guy who may be a friend of my stepson (who just got engaged btw, so happy for him).

I have Facebook linked to my "probably spam" email address. So even if someone gets it, there are no contacts, calendars or anything else attached to it. I highly recommend having at least 2 email addresses, one for iffy, one for stores and acquaintances and one for close friends family and super trusted important accounts. Anything that comes through the "probably spam" gets deleted without ever opening it routinely. My family knows I do this, so if they don't hear back they know to check where they send it and resend to the correct one if necessary.
  Re: Re: Facebook Question by Cubangirl (I agree with Labs, i...)
I know accepting friends on facebook is a dicey thing, but because I'm always trying to hawk my books, the more friends/networking I can do is a good thing. It just gets my name out there farther.

So, I think I'm stuck with the good and bad points of accepting friends. And, I did just see a post from 'him' (sorry Lorraine ) not directed at me, just stupid political crap.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Facebook Question by Cubangirl (I agree with Labs, i...)
Quote:

I agree with Labs, it is probably a scam. Facebook does not send emails asking for friend confirmation. You see that when you log to your home page.

Actually they do send emails regarding friend requests. It depends on how you have your Facebook notifications set up. And yes, you also see them when you log into Facebook.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura