What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/16/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight??

I finally trying my grouper, but I don't know what I'll fix with it, maybe some coleslaw.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/16/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I can't wait to see the finished grouper! I hope you post a photo. How is the new Photobucket going? I really like it. Seems like they have already worked out a few of the bugs.

I am going to make a double batch of Italian Wedding Soup. Then freeze some. Making those itty-bitty meatballs is a b!tc#! I wish my kids were interested enough to help out.

I am still trying to clean out my pantry a little bit. I finally found my old 'Freezer Cooking' recipe plans. There are so many excellent freezer friendly recipes in there. Planning on doing a big session in the near future and documenting it on my Freezer Manifesto blog (started the blog, then could never find the recipe plans).

A couple of times, years ago, I would do several sessions over a month's period of time. It was: Ground Beef Plan, Chicken Plan, Ham Plan, and a Breakfast Plan. I ened up with about 4-5 months worth of weekday meals. It was so great because it felt like someone else cooked for me! My hubby and son loved every single meal! One of their favorites was a convenience/snack that was a potato, ground beef, onion, and garlic burrito. They could not get enough of these.

Oh yeah, the question was dinner tonight... Italian Wedding Soup

I needed to make Chicken Stock to make my soup. So I am going to make White Chicken Enchiladas, Pioneer Woman. I will have to make the soup tomorrow... Best laid plans...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/16/13?? by luvnit (I can't wait to see ...)
I was able to score a couple of Prime filets yesterday, so it's Filets en Croute with Bearnaise!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/16/13?? by BarbaraS (I was able to score ...)
Would love to hear more about the burrito snack thingee.

I'm liking photobucket more and more. I also have to give gold stars to them and iPad folks for their prompt help w my daily emails lately!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/16/13?? by cjs (Would love to hear m...)
Mystery dinner for sure as we won't be home tomorrow (will be at the races!).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/16/13?? by Trixxee (Mystery dinner for s...)
Hard to believe that Monday is the Mystery-Box review day, already.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/16/13?? by BarbaraS (I was able to score ...)
Nice Barbara! Wish I was eating dinner with you!

Jean, I'll send you that recipe. Super easy. Makes 10 Burritos to freeze and eat later. They can freeze for 3 months, but at our house I could make a double batch and it wouldn't last that long. Two or three are gone before they hit the freezer.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/16/13?? by luvnit (Nice Barbara! Wish I...)
Laura - can you send the burrito recipe to me too? Sounds really good for some lunches.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/16/13?? by Trixxee (Laura - can you send...)
Sure Trixxee! I will do that. My son loves them for a quick breakfast!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura