T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 2/15/13???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Guess we'll have to have our Valentine Dinner tonight - travel day or not! BUT, no Hurricanes! We're on our way to Milton, FL for the night.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 2/15/13??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight is Domino's Pizza night (the homemade kind). The dough in the fridge looks so great! I may have to make a few batches of this dough and freeze it. Halved for easier thawing.

Geez, I woke up this morning in so much pain. I pulled a muscle in my back last night. Wish I could say I was doing something fun! But sadly, I was just sleeping, reached over and reclaimed some covers from a cover stealer. Really? Am I getting old enough to be injured during my sleep?! Sheesh!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 2/15/13??? by luvnit (Tonight is Domino's ...)
Mystery box dinner!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 2/15/13??? by Trixxee (Mystery box dinner!...)
Yay, Trixxee!!! I was afraid that Labs and I were going to be the only ones participating. Everyone else has been sort of quiet about it...

Day two of taking care of Tommy. He seems even sicker today and is hardly eating. But, he did perk up a little bit this morning, so we made homemade fettuccine and he really got a kick out of that! Tonight we will be having Jean's recipe for oven roasted garlic shrimp over fettuccine, and steamed asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 2/15/13??? by Mare749 (Yay, Trixxee!!! I wa...)
Could we possibly be a group of procrastinators?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 2/15/13??? by Trixxee (Could we possibly be...)
Trixxee not sure, but I'll let you know tomorrow

Tonight for dinner will be a salad with grilled ribeye (lol me and ribeye's is like Blane and asparagus haha) gorgonzola cheese and fresh garlic croutons. And I think I'll do a balsamic dressing.
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 2/15/13??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Went with the Chicken Croquettes and Fried Mac 'N Cheese Balls from Bobby Chez.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 2/15/13??? by BarbaraS (Went with the Chicke...)
I wanted something simple, Chicken Piccata over linguine with a simple salad and vinaigrette. BG is coming tonight! She is going car shopping for the first time tomorrow, and her daddy has offered to go along to advise.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 2/15/13??? by Gourmet_Mom (I wanted something s...)
After a week of chicken dinners, tonight is steak night. Cilantro lime marinated RIB-EYES! Cough*with asparagus*cough.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 2/15/13??? by losblanos1 (After a week of chic...)
Wow! Hit this one out of the park!

Had a little more than a pound of leftover ham, so I decided to experiment with making my own devilled ham. I noticed that many of the hors d'oeuvres recipes called for mayonnaise, but I don't recall that the canned products contained mayonnaise, so I started without it. What I made was good, but when I tested it with and without mayonnaise, the mayo put if over the top and it was beautiful - especially spread onto some whole-wheat soda crackers!

Here, then, is what I threw together. Good thing I wrote it down as I experimented, since I'm sure I'll make this again.

Devilled Ham
Makes about 2 3/4 cups

Ingredients:
  • 1 Lb. Cooked ham, diced
  • 1 Tbsp. Garlic powder
  • 1 Tbsp. Paprika
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 Tsp. Salt
  • 1 Tsp. Turmeric
  • 1/2 Medium red onion (about 3 1/2 oz.), chopped
  • 3 Chipotle peppers (canned in adobo sauce)
  • 7 Oz. Mayonnaise (by weight - it was a 200g package)
Instructions:
  • Process all in food processor until smooth – at least a full minute.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?