What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/13/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?? Anyone observing Lent in the neighborhood? Doesn't that all start today?? (Poor Lorraine - seems like every year Gil gives up something he really likes and then whines thru the whole time. ) - hope he doesn't read this.

We'll be grazing in Apalachicola today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/13/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Yup, it's Ash Wednesday, so meat here. It will be Pasta Pomodoro, Cheese Bread and a salad. Probably no dessert, because I think that's what we're giving up this year.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/13/13?? by Lorraine (Yup, it's Ash Wednes...)
I know many people who have done away with the notion of giving something up and complaining about it the whole time and instead are choosing to take something up. Something that makes you a better person to yourself, to your family, to your church, to your community, etc. They realized that giving up candy or alcohol or TV for six weeks didn't really make them a spiritually stronger person.

I *think* we are having these open faced thai sandwiches from Noble Pig but I will make a couple of changes - no mint, add basil, add thinly sliced red onion, and spread the sauce on the bread versus drizzling it.

http://noblepig.com/2013/02/open-faced-t...andwiches/
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/13/13?? by Trixxee (I know many people w...)
Oh Lord, Lorraine - no dessert for Gil the whole time!! I don't want to be around him....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/13/13?? by cjs (Oh Lord, Lorraine - ...)
We observe Lent here, so no meat today. We may be having salmon, rice, and broccoli but it's not written in stone. I have 18 hour bread dough to play with and Jean's Seafood Pizza is calling my name.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/13/13?? by Mare749 (We observe Lent here...)
I have no clue what to make for dinner. Maggie is still sick, I have a ton of work to do and home office organizing to do. Last night we had buttered noodles. Tomorrow we probably should have something special. Surf and turf comes to mind. Tonight I think will just be - grab n' go!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/13/13?? by luvnit (I have no clue what ...)
Julia's French onion soup with a crabmeat/avocado salad. Something fairly light hit the spot this evening
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/13/13?? by Roxanne 21 (Julia's French onion...)
We have church, so we'll be grabbing to go, also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/13/13?? by Trixxee (I know many people w...)
Quote:

I know many people who have done away with the notion of giving something up and complaining about it the whole time

THAT is what they gave up.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/13/13?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Leftovers for dinner here...we're headed to Pittsburgh for the long weekend, and I still have to pack!