What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13??
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13?? by cjs (What's on everyones ...)
Quote:

Had a couple of surprises yesterday while making reservations in this area (Lake City) - one park is a Nudist colony.....and one allows absolutely no liquor on the property... hmmmm, movin' on.

LOL!! I almost spewed my wine when I read this! I'm guessing no alcohol was the bigger challenge (it would have been for us)!

We had mu shu pork and hot and sour soup for dinner. The mu shu was wonderful, but the soup was not even edible. I knew adding cider vinegar was wrong, but I like to try recipes they way they are written the first time. This one won't get a second chance...
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Vinegar does sound wrong! But I agree with trying it as written the first time. You never know.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Vinegar does sound w...)
We had a spinach and steak salad with Blue Cheese and mushrooms. It was very good. But I was surprised the kids and Steve were all satisfied with it for dinner!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13?? by esgunn (We had a spinach and...)
Wow, Barbara - for a while you were feeling tenuous about your job and now they're calling you in weekends??????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13?? by cjs (Wow, Barbara - for a...)
SWEETHEARTS FOOD AND WINE PAIRING

First course
MARSCAPONE LOBSTER TART
Fresh lobster blended with marscapone cheese heavy cream eggs tarragon caramelized onion garlic lemon zest orange pepper baked in a sweet pastry topped with white truffle peach chutney
Paired With Brianna a white wine
Second course
PANANG CURRIED SCALLOP Fresh Maine diver scallop grilled and served over lemongrass ginger scented jasmine rice cake drizzled with PANANG curry sauce and Thai chili glaze Paired with Naked Chardonnay
Third course
GARAM MARSALA OSSO BUCCO
Bone in Demi pork shank Served over saffron creamed Yukon Gold potatoes with sweet pepper reduction and sautéed Haricot Verts
Paired with Marquette
Fourth course
GRILLED FIVE SPICE DUCK BREAST
Served over beet/goats cheese mash with herbed butter parsnips butternut squash and carrots. Draped with roasted garlic balsamic demi-glace
Scared with Frontenac
Fifth course
CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY NAPOLEON Rich chocolate cake topped with white chocolate infused cream cheese topped with a fresh strawberry and chocolate ganache served with white chocolate coulis and drizzled with the Riverrun syrup
Paired with Riverrun Rosee
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13?? by farnfam (SWEETHEARTS FOOD AND...)
WOW! What a spread! They really did it up right! Thanks for sharing the menu, Cis!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! What a spread!...)
Good grief that all sounds excellent, Cis.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13?? by Trixxee (Good grief that all ...)
It really was wonderful! The scallops appy was to die for, but I think I liked the duck best, We loved learning how they pair wines with food. One thing I know now I don't like the heavy red wines.
Also I'm going to try the beet/goat cheese mash for a side dish
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13?? by farnfam (It really was wonder...)
"white truffle peach chutney" how yummy does that sound
"GRILLED FIVE SPICE DUCK BREAST" - I love seasoning duck with 5-spice. Bet it was wonderful!!!

"Also I'm going to try the beet/goat cheese mash for a side dish" - me too, Cis! To get an idea the ratio of beets to tatoes - were they a light or medium pink or on the reddish side????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/10/13?? by cjs ("white truffle peach...)
Light to medium pink, Jean. Mash potato type texture. Light seasoning.
Cis
Empress for Life