What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/9/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?? And, where is Labs by the way??

We're having a 'plain' old breakfast this a.m. at home - Pillsbury biscuits in the waffle iron, ham and as on all plates presented here on Tybee Island, I'll add a couple Hushpuppies to round things out.

Later, it's Roy's leftovers of Jambalaya Penne from yesterday - it was so good.

By the way, I am on a quest for the best Hushpuppy recipe in the world. My eyes have been opened since I've been down here - my 'old' recipe sure isns't the best!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/9/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well we are having Pioneer Woman Enchiladas. With a side of Cowboy Caviar and some Cilantro Lime Rice

I don't have any Hushpuppy recipes, but I am sure somebody here will have one for you Jean!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/9/13?? by luvnit (Well we are having P...)
If you find it, Jean, let me know. I like the light crunchy ones, not the bready type.

We'll be having William's birthday steak dinner tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/9/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (If you find it, Jean...)
Not sure yet. We're going out shopping so may have something while we are out.

I agree with Daphne. Love those hushpuppies light and crispy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/9/13?? by Mare749 (Not sure yet. We're ...)
Woke up with a pretty bad sore throat that seems to be getting worse so maybe some wor wonton soup from our favorite chinese restaurant?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/9/13?? by Trixxee (Woke up with a prett...)
Whoa Trixxee! Take care of that throat! Hope you feel better soon!

I got called into work today for 6 1/2 hours. Blah. I'm making the Country-Fried Steak tonight but I don't think I'll be doing the fried onion strings with them.

Can I freeze buttermilk for a later use?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/9/13?? by BarbaraS (Whoa Trixxee! Take ...)
Yes, Barbara---even though it does have a very long shelf life in the fridge!!!

Trixxee---FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!! Chicken soup is the penicillin for ailments---so there you go girl!!! Wonton soup is just what the MD ordered!!!

Lamb shanks with a citrus gremolata (shanks from C@H) This was really great for this dreary, rainy, cold day in Cape Town!!! RAIN in FEBRUARY???? NEVER!!!!
I planned on this anyway---no matter what the weather. I also did a homemade panini and green beans. YUMMMM!!!

The first stage of a coconut/cherry sorbet baked alaska has been completed. Coconut ice cream----quite tasty!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/9/13?? by Roxanne 21 (Yes, Barbara---even ...)
We decided to do some babyback ribs low and slow in the oven. They will be glazed with applebutter bbq sauce kicked up a bit with hot chili garlic paste. Zesty fries and coleslaw on the side. Yummy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/9/13?? by Mare749 (We decided to do som...)
Another day that everything sounds so good!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 2/9/13?? by Roxanne 21 (Yes, Barbara---even ...)
Roxanne, that's good to know.

Wasn't all that impressed with the Country-Fried Steak last night. I should have re-breaded it before I fried it.

On another note, I'm back into work today and bought some coffee on the way iin and had a couple of delicious biscottis with it here at work.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.