What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/5/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

Today is Nat'l Chocolate Fondue day.
I got to thinking about this and I think I ought to post the following day's Nat'l Whatever, so we have a head start. So, I look at the calendar and naturally, tomorrow is blank!!! So, we're on our own.

Today we are exploring Montgomery, so who knows???? I am looking for some grits, fried green tomatoes, and/or catfish....

We have a brochure that lists the top Alabama foods - I was so surprised to see the listing of: butter and sugar on white bread!!! My Grandpa (from Missouri) got me to eating this when I was a wee one. Still love the combination.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/5/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
ahhhhh---butter and sugar on white bread.....my grandmother's secret treat for we little ones. Haven't thought about that for ever!!!

Pork spare ribs and corn on the cob. I have to do something fairly simple brcause somehow I collected a foreign body in my thumb...I have NO CLUE what it could be. I have soaked and peroxided and epsom salted etc. for a week and it is just getting worse. Appointment tomorrow with a hand surgeon. Funny, you never realize how often you use something until it HURTS!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/5/13?? by Roxanne 21 (ahhhhh---butter and ...)
Ouch, that must hurt, Roxanne - good luck. You too, with the sugar and butter, huh??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/5/13?? by cjs (Ouch, that must hurt...)
Cold and nasty here. Jean's mushroom dish is on the menu, as well as Pho (have some Chinese veg left from Brunch).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/5/13?? by Lorraine (Cold and nasty here....)
The vegetable soup I was making yesterday wasn't done in time for dinner as I used stew meat in it and needed more time. We ended up having paninis and french fries.

So, tonight's dinner will be beef vegetable soup and toasted Macaroni Grill bread.

Hope the doctor can get you fixed up quickly, Roxanne. Isn't it amazing how many nerves are in our hands and how painful it can be?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/5/13?? by Mare749 (The vegetable soup I...)
I think we're having grilled shrimp with served with a choron sauce. Yellow rice and a chopped salad on the side. It will be a very colorful plate.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/5/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am going to make Corn Chowder w/ Bacon and Black Beans and some Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

I am contemplating the Toffee Cheese Puffs Jean made, but the jury is still out on that one.

Take care Roxanne! That sounds just aweful.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/5/13?? by Trixxee (I think we're having...)
Sugar and butter here, too, except it wasn't always plain: we usually put cinnamon in it - especially when using it on top of pancakes, instead of on bread.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/5/13?? by labradors (Sugar and butter her...)
Michael has cinnamon toast as part as his breakfast every day. Now I want a piece!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/5/13?? by Trixxee (Michael has cinnamon...)
Good luck with your hand, Roxanne! I hope they can fix it quickly.

We did the cinnamon sugar on buttered bread. too. Yum!!

I have meetings until later this evening, so it's dinner from the freezer tonight..leftover French onion soup.