Tuesday Dinner - 1/29/13
  Re: (...)
Looks like Jean is having keyboard technical issues again so here goes.

What's for dinner? I'm going to jump on the french onion salisbury steak bandwagon with a butter lettuce salad.
  Re: Tuesday Dinner - 1/29/13 by Trixxee (Looks like Jean is h...)
Don't know yet. I will probably have to run out for some fast food---UGH!!!! We have been without water ALL DAY---a main burst about 2 miles up the road and they are having a difficult problem with repairs. I don't know what is worse---no water or no electricity....right now I'm opting for water
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Trixee,

Hubby is still raving about it.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Quote:

Looks like Jean is having keyboard technical issues again so here goes.

What's for dinner? I'm going to jump on the french onion salisbury steak bandwagon with a butter lettuce salad.

Me, too! But I'm serving the salisbury steak with a green bean and celery chopped salad.
I don't know, maybe... Pizza!!!!

No really, not sure yet. Hubby will be at a basketball game. It may just be a leftover night. But I guess our leftovers these days is PIZZA!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 1/29/13 by luvnit (I don't know, maybe....)
10 bean soup with kielbasa and kale. Of course I thought it was going to be much colder today and rainy. Just cool and high clouds.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 1/29/13 by DFen911 (10 bean soup with ki...)
Thanks for jumping in Trixxee!!

Well, I finally got my whole catfish!! It was delicious And, to make even more special I picked at it while listening to Garth Brooks sing "I've Got Friends in Low Places"!!!! Perfect!
[Image: Jan29wholecatfish.jpg]

Had to order an appie of Gator Bites - don't think I've ever had it before. I liked it - very dense meat (no, doesn't taste like chicken )

[Image: Jan29gatorbites.jpg]

[Image: Jan29gatorbitetexture.jpg]

Roy on the Bayou - First time in my life I've seen a real life Bayou!!!! Love this trip - no gators tho.
[Image: Jan29RoyonBayou.jpg]

PineTree Lodge Bayou
[Image: Jan29Bayou.jpg]

All in all a really fine day! And, I'm finally in the part of the country that everyone is speaking just like out of 'Justified' - I keep turing around expecting to see Raylon or Boyd!!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 1/29/13 by cjs (Thanks for jumping i...)
What camp site is that? Looks lovely. I would have SO tired those gator tots. What sauce did they serve them with?
Baked chicken wings and mushroom risotto.
Hello world
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - 1/29/13 by MarrieAnn (Baked chicken wings ...)
Jean, that looks AWESOME! The catfish looks perfect and I LOVE GATOR!

We're having ribs, corn on the cob and green beans.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.