Looking for a salad recipe
  Re: (...)
Last week someone posted in the dinner thread that they were making a salad and trying to copy one from Costco, I think and it had brussel sprouts in it. I have gone through many pages of dinner threads and cannot find it again. Whoever you are, would you share your recipe?

Thanks so much.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Looking for a salad recipe by Mare749 (Last week someone po...)
I rmember that, but can't remember either who it was. Something about it caught my eye.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Looking for a salad recipe by cjs (I rmember that, but ...)
Alina posted this on Thursday.

Costco Sweet Kale salad kit: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green cabbage, kale, chicory, with a poppy seed dressing and dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. We will probably add some spinach and cucumber and either toasted almonds or pine nuts."
  Re: Re: Looking for a salad recipe by Trixxee (Alina posted this on...)
Thank you! That sounded so tasty and something I would like to try.

Alina, if you see this, how did the salad turn out?
Maryann

Re: Re: Looking for a salad recipe by Mare749 (Thank you! That soun...)
It does sound good! Were the kale and chickory shredded???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Looking for a salad recipe by Mare749 (Thank you! That soun...)
I have not made it exactly as the package, DH doctored a TJ's mix of chard and kale, not sure what else, by adding Brussels sprouts and instead of slicing them in a mandoline, he just put a few in the mini food processor, also added avocado, cranberries, pumpkin seeds to the mix. I had a huge bowl and added a whole ripe sliced d'anjou pear and could not stop eating it.

I am having leftover roast chicken and veggies, so won't make it tonight. I'll post when I do, possibly tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Looking for a salad recipe by Cubangirl (I have not made it e...)
I will be looking for that, Alina. And, if you make your own dressing, please post that as well.

One question I have regarding the brussel sprouts. Are they eaten raw or blanched first. I have never eaten a raw brussel sprout or raw kale for that matter.
Maryann

Re: Re: Looking for a salad recipe by Mare749 (I will be looking fo...)
That raw brussel Sprout salad I posted around Thanksgiving was so good! I will have to keep my eye out for this salad at Costco. Haven't seen it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Looking for a salad recipe by esgunn (That raw brussel Spr...)
Oh, I hope I coped that one, Erin! Going to look right now!
Maryann

Re: Re: Looking for a salad recipe by Mare749 (Oh, I hope I coped t...)
All the salad ingredients we used are raw except for the nuts and seeds which are toasted. We have been making a lot of salads with raw kale. I really like it. The pieces are small though. Ditto for the chard. The brussells sprouts we treat as the cabbage they are, so no blanching. Steve used a mandoline and a mini fp, I just sliced them super thin with a knife. Some times we've added some sort of the lettuce or baby spinach, but the last had neither. DH made the dressing, so don't know proportions but basically a plain vinaigrette with no mustard, and some Splenda.