Sunday Dinner, 1/27/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

it is Nat'l. chocolate cake day

Think I'll look thru the Grilling book again and see what catches my eye. Our neighbors told us of a wonderful butcher shop 'just down the road a bit' that I hope is open today - if not will stop there tomorrow.

Due to circumstances beyond our control...we're staying here in Beaumont until Tues or Wed. And, we met some of our neighbors yesterday afternoon - a bunch of oil line workers (the whole crew live here and move together) who are all from this part of the country and my God, they even call me "Miss Jean." I have never been called that in my life. I just love them. They brought us over a plate of sausage they had grilled together for dinner for us to taste and it was delicious!!

Toady, a friend is bringing them a batch of crawdads and we may be invited to join them in the feast.... fingers are SO crossed. I started a loaf of 18 hour bread last night, just in case.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/27/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well, our Trixxee came thru again!! She posted this on facebook and Roy brought home some Buffalo chix wings from lunch yesterday!!

[Image: Buffalo-Chicken-Biscuit-Poppers-1a-txt.jpg]

So, these will be our brunch with Bloody Marys pretty soon.
Thanks Trixxee!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/27/13?? by cjs (Well, our Trixxee ca...)
Welcome! A bloody mary sounds like the perfect Sunday brunch accompaniment!

I bought an extra turkey breast when they were 99c/lb during the holidays so we are roasting that. We frozen some stuffing on Christmas so will have that along with some mashed potatoes and corn. A mini-holiday dinner.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/27/13?? by Trixxee (Welcome! A bloody m...)
Oh these are fun little goodies!!! (I'm sending a msg. to Lorraine to check these out.) I played with them this morning.

[Image: Jan27BuffChixPopperquarters.jpg]

The last 4 biscuits - I halved 2 of them, but prefer the smaller version. the last 2, I rolled out and filled and made into 'empanadas' - but, we still preferred the small ones the best of all.
[Image: Jan27wholeBuffChixPopperscut.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/27/13?? by cjs (Oh these are fun lit...)
I'm definitely doing these on SS. Tony agrees! Your pictures looks better than the original one Jean!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/27/13?? by Trixxee (I'm definitely doing...)
It sounds like you're having an amazing trip Miss Jean. Great pictures.

Tonight we're having Chicken & Waffles with black pepper gravy and a side of asparagus. I was going to make the Chicken fried steak again, but I'm too lazy to go to the store to get an onion.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/27/13?? by losblanos1 (It sounds like you'r...)
Sounds so good Blane. (I wouldn't go to the store just for an onion either).
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/27/13?? by Trixxee (Sounds so good Blane...)
I've never had chicken and waffles, Blane, but it sure sounds good. Please let us know how it turns out.

We are having some leftover chicken tetrazzini and a chopped vegetable salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/27/13?? by Mare749 (I've never had chick...)
Got our last pizza done. We did two different crusts. Three differently topped pizza: sausage for Joe, pepperoni for Maggie, and Spinach, mushroom, garlic, sausage, mozz, fontina for the grown ups... Oh yeah and a couple of anchovies for good measure!

One thing that is working really well is the pizza screen I purchased. Man is that thing slick! Crusts are crisp, no worries about sticking to pizza peels. Best $3 I ever spent! I have to buy more of these things!

[Image: IMG_20130127_150633.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/27/13?? by luvnit (Got our last pizza d...)
Beautiful, Laura!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."