Superbowl Plans?
  Re: Re: Superbowl Plans? by DFen911 (Stupid auto correct!...)
Sharon, that's her story and she's sticking to it............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Superbowl Plans? by cjs (Sharon, that's her s...)
I found a must-try for me... Puff Pastry Jalapeno Poppers ! These look like they could be amazing.
  Re: Superbowl Plans? by Trixxee (Has anyone thought o...)
Okay, so it's definitely the French Onion Fondue and Super Nachos. I only do nachos once a year anymore. Can't wait to do the fondue!

We're going to watch "The Puppy Bowl" on Animal Planet at 3 pm - Kitties at halftime and Hedgehog cheerleaders! - then start up with the food feast.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Superbowl Plans? by BarbaraS (Okay, so it's defini...)
Very happy to be going to a friends house that I've recently met and hope to nurture a great friendship.

That being said - I need a veggie type appetizer to bring. She's making chili and hotwings and asked for a veggie dish. Well I just can't bring a plate of carrots, celery etc with a dip.

So what tried and true appy's have any of you done that are veggies and a cold appy?
  Re: Re: Superbowl Plans? by DFen911 (Very happy to be goi...)
Hmmm, Let me think......

This is hard because she is a new friend and you don't know if she is really thinking she wants a crudite tray or a vegetarian-type appie. Here's a few ideas....

Caprese - Slice small fresh mozzarella ball or string cheese, half grape tomato, tiny basil leaf or fresh basil leaf strip on a bread round or cracker.

Top Tortilla chips with a mixture of cole slaw mix, red onions, jalapenos and/or red pepper flakes, water chestnuts, maybe bind with a little sesame oil/mayo – then drizzle with an Asian Vinaigrette and sprinkle with cilantro.

Provencal Tart – use veggies that are used in a ratatouille to top toasted bread rounds or crackers

Stuff little pepper halves with yogurt & pimento (to mimic pimento cheese) and drizzle with honey

Kind of mundane, but maybe fill 3 colors of bell peppers with different dips interspersed with crudités.
Such as: hummus, Fromage Fort, bagna cauda, guacamole, maybe a peach salsa, etc.

----
Anxious to hear what you come up with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Superbowl Plans? by cjs (Hmmm, Let me think.....)
The first thing that came to mind are Vegetarian Spring Rolls (the uncooked kind), with an Asian dipping Sauce.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Superbowl Plans? by Lorraine (The first thing that...)
I should have mentioned no dips. People don't necessarily single dip and the concerns with the 2 super flus is a factor.

The tart might be a good idea because I can pre-slice it. Gah veggie appetizers...go figure
  Re: Re: Superbowl Plans? by DFen911 (I should have mentio...)
Stuffed mushrooms?

Brushetta?

Little phyllo cups filled with an asian-y slaw/salad?
  Re: Re: Superbowl Plans? by Trixxee (Stuffed mushrooms?[b...)
Denise, is it all adults, or will there be children?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Superbowl Plans? by Lorraine (Denise, is it all ad...)
If adults, double dipping is their problem; if children, double dipping is the parent's problem. I sure wouldn't worry about that.
www.achefsjourney.com