What's for Dinner, Tuesdy, 1/22/13
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Today is Nat'l. Blonde Brownie Day

I'm roasting a chicken for some meat to have on hand, so will probably add a little to Peppery Broccoli with Feta cheese and Angel Hair Pasta - a Sara Moulton dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesdy, 1/22/13 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Quote:

Today is Nat'l. Blonde Brownie Day

Made some brownies the other day. Should I bleach them to honour this? Nat'l Bleached-Blonde Brownie Day. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesdy, 1/22/13 by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I am going to steal a page from Blane's recent playbook and make the hungarian meatballs, though over spaetzle. A small salad on the side. Kind of an ambitious meal for a school night so I will get the meatballs shaped and all the sauce ingredients sliced and measured before I pick up the kid.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesdy, 1/22/13 by Trixxee (I am going to steal ...)
Leftovers the pork cutlets and for lunch I am taking the left over lamb and making a yogurt sauce and putting them in mini pitas.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesdy, 1/22/13 by DFen911 (Leftovers [img]/ubbt...)
I'm feeling ambitious today, so making Cuisine's Classic Canellonni. Started homemade sauce this morning and made crespelle for the pasta. Browning the meat now, so when I go to put the dish together later, most of the prep is done.

We will have a green salad and Italian bread to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesdy, 1/22/13 by Mare749 (I'm feeling ambitiou...)
We're going to have coq au vin tonight. I'll serve it over noodles with a green salad on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesdy, 1/22/13 by karyn (We're going to have ...)
I'm doing Granny's Hamburger Pie. It's turned cold again, so this sounded perfect.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesdy, 1/22/13 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing Granny's H...)
An old favorite tonight, Tarragon Cream Chicken with a side of asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesdy, 1/22/13 by losblanos1 (An old favorite toni...)
My dinner plans fell through (d@m grocery store didn't have yellow hominy). I am copping out tonight with a frozen skillet dinner (shrimp, pasta, & veggies), spinach salad with red onion & feta with a raspberry vinaigrette, and garlic breadsticks that I can heat in the toaster oven.

1 more day (please God, no snow on the pass Thursday am) to the new convection/microwave.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!