Thursday's Dinner, 1/17/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Other than a little off the wall breakfast, we'll be exploring San Angelo and met some oil workers yesterday that recommended some places around here to check out - so no telling.

I brought the Caldilla broth from Los Posta restaurant home with me, so I'm adding a little more stock and noodles for a soup this a.m.

Used some of the salsa the bartender gave me from Los Posta as a pizza sauce last night with sausage, mushrooms and onions (from cooking with the ribs) - man, that was one hot pizza, but as with Thai food, we couldn't stop eating it!!

[Image: Jan16SausageMushroomOnionwithSalsaSauce.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/17/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I took out a small package of Honey Baked Ham from the freezer, so I'm thinking ham and cheese paninis with a chopped salad to go with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/17/13?? by Mare749 (I took out a small p...)
Chicken Vesuvio, au gratin potatoes and a simple salad (iceberg, green onions, cucumbers, bleu cheese crumbles).
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/17/13?? by Trixxee (Chicken Vesuvio, au ...)
I don't know yet. I need an idea. We did some grocery shopping yesterday - I just wasn't in the mood. I have some studying to do so it has to be easy! I have some smoked pork in the the freezer - pulled pork sandwiches, sauteed yellow squash and ???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/17/13?? by Mare749 (I took out a small p...)
Pizza looks amazing Jean!!! As always.

Tonight we are having dinner ala crockpot!

Rosemary Pork Roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, gravy.

AND I will attempt to make popovers! Never made them before. I was always told they were so difficult, so I never bothered. I read a recipe online and they didn't seem to be so much bother... I will give them a try tonight, because I love them!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/17/13?? by luvnit (Pizza looks amazing ...)
POPOVERS are soooo very easy and fun to make, Laura---the trick is to have your pan or ramekins really hot before you put in the batter. Love these with prime rib roast.

Tonight---I did a simple steak dinner with a salad as a side. Really tough day with carpenters/technicians here--just another 12 hour day!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/17/13?? by Roxanne 21 (POPOVERS are soooo v...)
Thanks for the tip Roxanne!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/17/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Yummy Pizza. Jean you are close to where I lived in Texas. When Steve and I were first married we lived in Abilene for 3 years. Will you get a chance to explore Fredericksburg? We really liked stopping there when we would drive down to San Antonio.

Just Chicken Teiryaki in the slow cooker tonight. Some sauted asian veggies and rice.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/17/13?? by esgunn (Yummy Pizza. Jean ...)
So very tired and overwhelmed! Country Fried Steak in Gravy with mashers and peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/17/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (So very tired and ov...)
I agree with Roxanne, Laura - they are so easy and so impressive!!

Erin, we visited Fredericksburg a few years ago, so probably won't stop again this time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com