What's for Sunday Dinner, 1/13/13
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have some more braised gizzards and I picked up 'mushroom' pasta from the Olive oil mill last week. So maybe a stroganoffesque dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 1/13/13 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Chicken Tortilla Soup! That Trisha Yearwood recipe I love so much!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 1/13/13 by luvnit (Chicken Tortilla Sou...)
We're having Catalan-Style Beef Stew. It's a really delicious stew. I made it yesterday so that I could chill it and de-fat it more easily. It smelled heavenly as it was cooking. I'm really looking forward to it!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 1/13/13 by karyn (We're having [url=ht...)
That sounds really good, Karyn!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 1/13/13 by karyn (We're having [url=ht...)
Thanks Karyn, I copied that. What a great sounding recipe. I am wondering why they don't brown the meat before adding it to the stew, or did I miss that? Please let us know how it turns out.

Haven't decided on dinner just yet, as we are just having brunch right now. Made a vegetable frittata. It's so warm out today that we might be able to grill if it doesn't rain again. Weird weather.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 1/13/13 by Mare749 (Thanks Karyn, I copi...)
I woke up at 5:00am to the smell of something burning and it turns out it was the refrigerator. Giving off a really bad chemical/burning plastic smell so we're out the door in 20 to spend $2000 on a new fridge. I suppose I'm somewhat relieved it wasn't the furnace as it is absolutely freezing here right now.

I guess we'll cook the most expensive thing in the freezer before things start to go bad and that would be scallops. Not sure how I will prepare them. Next most expensive thing would be a turkey breast - that'll be for tomorrow I suppose. Not the type of thing I feel like doing on a school night.

I'm grumpy so please excuse me.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 1/13/13 by Trixxee (I woke up at 5:00am ...)
Trixee,

Thank God you caught it in time before it became a disaster!!

Well after last night's 2+ hour prep and cook time, the tenderloin turned out perfectly! And I used Jarlsberg and Gruyere for the Potato Gratin and it came out better than using parmesan/cheddar/gruyere. So tonight it's more simple - Campanelle with Fradiavolo sauce with meatballs for him, sausage for me.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 1/13/13 by BarbaraS (Trixee,[br][br]Thank...)
Trixxee, before you hook up the new refrigerator, maybe you should check the electrical outlet to which the old one was connected, just to be sure that it wasn't the cause of the problem with the old fridge, that the old fridge didn't cause any damage to the connection and that you don't have any condition where there will be any problems between the connection and the new fridge.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 1/13/13 by labradors (Trixxee, before you ...)
Copied Karyn thanks! This sounds like a great dish. Trixxee I am so sorry to hear about your fridge! Can you put stuff in neighbors freezer till you get your new home and chilled?

Game hens tonight for us. Right now making bacon jam (thanks Jean) and soon will cook my 18 hour bread. The house really smells good right now
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 1/13/13 by DFen911 (Copied Karyn thanks!...)
I managed to bring a little home Friday and now I'm trying to decide what I'll use it on/with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com