Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by mjkcooking ([br]Labs will try ...)
Looks and sounds really good Labs.
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by Trixxee (Looks and sounds rea...)
I know it's a bit late, but I just wanted to bring this to the top, again, since I made this with the leftovers the day after Thanksgiving.

This is such a delicious dish and even its own leftovers are wonderful. In fact, the next morning, I cut one of the buns in half to use as the bread for our eggs at breakfast. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by labradors (I know it's a bit la...)
Sure glad you did bring this up again - earmarked this time
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by cjs (Sure glad you did br...)
BTW, keep an eye on these as they're baking and test the middles to make sure they're done. Each time I've made them, the dough hasn't been fully cooked in the middle at the end of the specified cooking time and, by the time it is, the bottoms of the buns, in the baking dish, have been just short of starting to burn.

A number of British recipes I've seen have been written for convection ovens. Many will even say "fan" or "no fan," but this one didn't.

Either way, you may need to adjust the temperature a bit (to avoid burning the bottoms) and change the timing (to make sure the middles are done).
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by labradors (BTW, keep an eye on ...)
Thanks for mentioning this, Labs. I'm not sure this would even matter, but in the recipe photo, there are two rows of buns and in your photo, you have 3. Therefore, the buns in the middle might need more time?

I'm also thinking that it would be very important to accurately weigh/measure the filling ingredients because too much moisture could effect the outcome. I would be tempted to overfill.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by Mare749 (Thanks for mentionin...)
The problem was not the buns in the middle, but the middle of the buns - all of them. In fact, this latest time, it was only two rows of four.

Even though the recipe presents both types of measurements, I used grams every time. Also, it's not a refrigeration issue, since I let everything come to room temperature beforehand.

I would say, just to be sure, use a slightly lower temperature and longer baking time.

Still, they are phenomenal.