Wednesday, 1/9/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I'm finally using up my duck breasts I had planned for New Years - making Chicken (using Duck), Brie, Fig and Arugula Panini. Yum!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday, 1/9/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That sounds good!

I'm making an oldie but a goodie from Southern Living/Food Network Cookoff. "Melt in Your Mouth Braised and Barbecued Chicken". Basically braised boneless thighs in a half asian-half bbq sauce. Served with sauteed broccoli and possibly some corn on the cob. It looked so good at the store the other day.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-...cipe/index.html
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 1/9/13?? by Trixxee (That sounds good![br...)
We had a really late lunch so I'm not sure about dinner yet. I purchased some beautiful soles today and that was/is to be cooked with a lemon sauce. Asparagus and a side salad.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 1/9/13?? by Roxanne 21 (We had a really late...)
I'm making Ron a comfort food meal that he saw Rachael Ray making yesterday with round steak, onions and potatoes. It's kind of a crockpot meal minus the crockpot.

Season and brown round steaks, carmelize onions and layer with slices of potatoes in a casserole. Cover and bake for 3 hours at 275, until fork tender. He will probably want peas on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 1/9/13?? by Mare749 (I'm making Ron a com...)
MA - I think I've seen this recipe before. Can you let us know how it turns out? Is it called Grandpa's Braised Beef?
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 1/9/13?? by Trixxee (MA - I think I've se...)
Oh gosh, I don't really know. I just happened to have the tv on and Ron was drooling over the meat and potatoes meal she was preparing. I didn't catch the name or even the recipe for that matter, just the preparation. I'll try to find out and yes, will let you know how we like it.

However, it's going to be made tomorrow. We decided to go have that 30 shrimp meal at Red Lobster while it's still being advertised. Our daughter and her husband went the other day and said it was great. So, the beef will be tomorrow instead.

Yay, I found it! Here it is:

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recip...casserole/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 1/9/13?? by Mare749 (Oh gosh, I don't rea...)
Wow, I love the addition of cornichons...... another why didn't I think of that!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 1/9/13?? by cjs (Wow, I love the addi...)
This is the one I was thinking of, which happens to have some very similar components. Top sirloin is on sale so I'm heading to the store in a bit and will make this tomorrow.

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/...index.html
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 1/9/13?? by Trixxee (This is the one I wa...)
We had a nice (read "darn yummy!!") panini today -

[Image: Jan9DuckBriePaniniwfigjam_zps783cadca.jpg]

Jan. 9th – Duck & Brie Panini with Fig Jam
Layered:
Fig jam
Cabbage slaw
Duck breast slices
Slice bacon
Brie cheese

I love fig jam flavor with the duck and brie and of course, the bacon wasn't too shabby either!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 1/9/13?? by cjs (We had a nice (read ...)
Hard to top that! Have to do that my one of my kids one day, Picky is so, well, picky.

Sous vide steak subs, this time with a bourbon brown sugar marinade, with a little heat thrown in, maybe he won't notice...

PJ
PJ