Jean - Did you make these?
  Re: (...)
I thought I saw you post something like this not too long ago.

[Image: IMG_2048.JPG]

I want to try these! We may have these for breakfast!

Ham and Cheese Sliders

Recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything

24 good white dinner rolls (I recommend King's Hawaiian, 24 ct.)
24 pieces good honey ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese (I used Havarti)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup miracle whip

Poppy seed sauce
1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
1 1/2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tablespoon minced onion
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.

In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes. Serve warm.

** sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead and kept in the fridge ready to bake.
(I did this the second time I made them and they turned out just as good.)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Jean - Did you make these? by luvnit (I thought I saw you ...)
Jean has posted a similar recipe - and I've made them twice now. I think Chad wants them on the menu . . . tomorrow I have to go down and figure out the reheat and plating.

Jean's don't have the mayo or MW, used grainy brown mustard, and no onion. I left out the poppy seeds - thinking that a lot of our customers are elderly and poppy seeds and dentures might not be comaptible. I let them set about an hour, covered with foil (pressing them down), then baked a total of 25 minutes - half of the time covered with foil. They are to die for!

Just as an aside - the first time I made them I used the "Custard Rich Rolls" recipe I posted. 1 recipe will make a bunch of these and they are much better than pre made rolls.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Jean - Did you make these? by luvnit (I thought I saw you ...)
I think these sandwiches and a Green Smoothie will make a nice breakfast!

[Image: IMG_6154-1.jpg]

This recipe is super simple. All you need is a blender and the following ingredients:
1-2 bananas
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1/2 cup frozen mango
a couple handfuls of spinach
a bit of water

Add just enough water to blend and enjoy, that’s it! Forget the dehydrating morning latte and get the glow with a Green Smoothie instead. (Use light fruits for a bright green appearance. Darker fruits will 'muddy' the color.)
Laura
  Re: Re: Jean - Did you make these? by luvnit (I think these sandwi...)
Thanks Sharon! I knew I had seen these before. Good to know I am not 'losing my mind' yet! They look just great. Thanks for the tips!
Laura
  Re: Re: Jean - Did you make these? by luvnit (Thanks Sharon! I kne...)
You're welcome. I think they're better with a Bob's Bloody Mary! But I guess kids are better off with the smoothie. LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Jean - Did you make these? by Harborwitch (You're welcome. I t...)
They are deliciious, Laura - I like using Hawaiian dinner rolls. I also think I like my combination better than using mayo/m.w., but that's personal.

Game Day Miniature Sandwiches

This sandwich recipe has been passed around to so many folks for a game day treat, that the origins have been lost, but I do have on my dog-eared copy that someone’s boyfriend’s mother made these. So, I surely thank the boyfriend’s mother!!

8 individual white dinner rolls, 4 oz. (1 cube) butter melted
Such as Kings Hawaiian 2 tablespoons prepared mustard or spicy brown
12 oz. sliced Swiss cheese 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
9 oz. thinly sliced honey ham 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Slice the rolls in half, horizontally, using a serrated knife, and arrange bottom halves of rolls in a large casserole dish or pan. Arrange a layer of cheese on top, followed by a layer of ham. Cover with the tops of the rolls. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, mustard, poppy seeds, and Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Drizzle the sauce evenly over the tops of the sandwiches, cover the pan with aluminum foil and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are warmed through. Slice between the rolls, and serve warm or at room temperature.

[Image: GameDaySandwichMay25_zpsfc6145bb.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean - Did you make these? by cjs (They are deliciious,...)
Haven't even SEEN Hawaiian dinner rolls in about 25 years. Always did like them and these sandwiches sound great. For me, the Worcestershire sauce it what would really "make" them.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Jean - Did you make these? by labradors (Haven't even SEEN Ha...)
We just had these for breakfast. Yummy! How easy and fun. Super!
Laura
  Re: Re: Jean - Did you make these? by luvnit (We just had these fo...)
Made these one day for lunch. We're easy and great taste
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Jean - Did you make these? by mjkcooking (Made these one day f...)
Looks fantastic.