Deli Meat
  Re: (...)
We over estimated the meat this year and I have a lot left. I have pastrami, pepperoni, and hard salami. We will repeat our meat and cheese board this weekend with Andrew. I know the cheeses will be fine, and I'm pretty sure about all the meat except the pastrami. Will the deli meats be okay? They were purchased Sunday and will be consumed Friday. Or should I freeze them and let them thaw on the way up there?

BTW, Ashley picked up some garlic and herb mustard for our grazing pleasure, but while it was good, it wasn't nearly as good as the mustard my Secret Santa sent last year that I have not been able to find. I have finally found it on line and will be ordering some soon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Deli Meat by Gourmet_Mom (We over estimated th...)
Deli meat is good for 5-7 days. You should be just fine. There are a lot of preservatives in the meat anyway. I find they get watery if I freeze them and then have to blot it with papertowels to get rid of excess moisture.

Your time frame sounds just fine to me.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Deli Meat by luvnit (Deli meat is good fo...)
Huh, I freeze deli meat all the time (so I can have small packets for pizzas/soups/etc.) and I've never had a problem with dampness.

but, you should be fine between Christmas and New Years, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Deli Meat by cjs (Huh, I freeze deli m...)
Thanks you guys! I was pretty sure, but I needed some confirmation.
Daphne
  Re: Deli Meat by Gourmet_Mom (We over estimated th...)
Quote:

We over estimated the meat this year and I have a lot left. I have pastrami, pepperoni, and hard salami.

Stromboli party at Daphne's place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Deli Meat by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Ditto to what Jean said.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Deli Meat by Lorraine (Ditto to what Jean s...)
That's a good idea if there is any left after going to the mountains, Labs!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Deli Meat by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

We over estimated the meat this year and I have a lot left. I have pastrami, pepperoni, and hard salami.

Stromboli party at Daphne's place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/blockquote]

Nice! Perfect!

As far as moisture issues I seem to have them with turkey and ham. BUT salami, pastrami, is usually gone in time. Never need to freeze I think they have a long frige life. Hard salami, pepperoni and the like. They seem to have a much longer shelf life, even after being cut.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Deli Meat by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
going with the tide on this, and I agree with Jean-I freeze all the time with no problem, even prosciutto di parma.
PJ