What's for Dinner, Monday 12/17/12
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Travel day for us, so I'm glad I've the crockpot chicken w/gravy to toss over something later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/17/12 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
William put the trot line out Saturday, finally! There are four in the bucket now, so maybe catfish! Eat your heart out, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/17/12 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Beef Stroganoff
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/17/12 by harvster (Beef Stroganoff...)
Hi, Harvster! Welcome to the board! Is this a C@H recipe?
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/17/12 by Gourmet_Mom (Hi, Harvster! Welco...)
Welcome to the forum, Harvster!

We're having homemade chicken noodle soup tonight and a green salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/17/12 by Mare749 (Welcome to the forum...)
Hog wings over cheesy grits, salad, not sure of a veg yet. I have an 18 hour bread working.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/17/12 by Lorraine (Hog wings over chees...)
I'm making the rosemary-orange chicken from the Smart Carb book. I found a review I did on it a couple of years ago and apparently we loved it. Salad and mashed or baked potatoes.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/17/12 by Trixxee (I'm making the rosem...)
We're having a beef and mushroom stew with roasted potatoes.

Welcome to the forum, Harvester!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/17/12 by karyn (We're having a beef ...)
Welcome to the forum, Harvster! Beef Stroganoff is one of my favourite things.

Tonight, however, I'm making chicken croquettes. No specific recipe - just free-styling with what I have on hand.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/17/12 by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Okay, so the catfish is a no. He wants to wait until later in the week and add to the catch.

So plan B is Balsamic BBQ Chicken, a Giada recipe. I can't remember if I made it or not. We'll see. I'll serve corn on the cob and salad on the side. I'm excited about the salad. When Ashley and I were at Sam's Club, we discovered that Olive Garden has teamed up with them and are selling their salad dressing and croutons exclusively at Sam's. So I have high hopes for the salad at least!
Daphne