What's for Saturday Dinner, 12/15/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Hopefully we'll start eating a little healthier - 'bonus'daughther and family are out of town this weekend and we leave eary Monday morning. I'm planning on getting back to "400 cal." ideas. But, those darn melts Karyn posted about are calling my name (and I do have this cheese leftover from making pizzas. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 12/15/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony is making chili and I think this is the recipe he decided on. Will probably serve it over spaghetti.

http://www.momswhothink.com/easy-recipes...ecipe.html
  Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 12/15/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Something simple - Macs 'n Cheese.

Had to hit the Post Office today to mail my last package. Whew! What a line!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 12/15/12?? by BarbaraS (Something simple - M...)
I was going to make chicken noodle soup, but somebody got it in his head that he wants sloppy joes and tator tots.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 12/15/12?? by Mare749 (I was going to make ...)
I had a bite of Roy's Turkey Club yesterday with (softly)hard-cooked eggs on it and I liked it so well, I'm doing a bastardized version with beef, bacon, cheddar, avocado and softly-hard-cooked eggs. Boy, was it good!!

Not exactly in the ballpark of 400 cal, but....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 12/15/12?? by cjs (I had a bite of Roy'...)
Well now, wasn't this just delicious - smoked mock tenderloin, Colby cheese, avocado, tomato, bacon, soft-hard-cooked egg on rye bread. Tasty!
[Image: RoastBeefMeltDec1512.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 12/15/12?? by cjs (Well now, wasn't thi...)
OK Jean, now you're just showing off! That looks so delicious.

Tonight we're having Baja fish taco burgers with a side of French fries.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 12/15/12?? by losblanos1 (OK Jean, now you're ...)
Sorry Jean (but the sandwiches are delicious!) Your sandwich looked incredible!!!

We finished up our Christmas shopping--the mall was insane--and had an early dinner at a restaurant on the way home. We've been there once before and thought it was just okay, but tonight it was delicious. John had surf and turf (grilled filet, grilled scallops, lobster mashed potatoes, and roasted green beans). I had grilled shrimp with some great cheese tortellini in an Alfredo sauce with kalamata olives, sun=dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. I'm going to try to recreate the pasta at home. We both loved it. I should have brought a camera!
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 12/15/12?? by karyn (Sorry Jean (but the ...)
Well didn't make it to our parade. Too cold and far too wet. I know there are locals out there that would laugh at me, but darnit I am still acclimating!

So I am doing pesto chicken with tomatoes in the schlemmertoph with potato salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 12/15/12?? by DFen911 (Well didn't make it ...)
Ashley and I went Christmas shopping today and ate a late lunch, so I'm not hungry. I got home later than expected and still had to make Praline Cheesecake and Truffle Dough for Choir Christmas Pizza Party tomorrow night. Pooped!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.