What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

We're having a pizza party tonight, so making 4 pizzas - not sure yet what kinds. Still have to figure out an appie and a dessert. Simple goodies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I pulled some marinara sauce out of the freezer and I think there are a couple of meatballs in there to go on top of some cheese ravioli. Green salad on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? by Trixxee (I pulled some marina...)
A party? With who?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? by DFen911 (A party? With who?...)
Roy's daugher Debbie, boyfriend Mike (who is a doll!) and as I'm calling him now, my 'bonus'-grandson, Phillip.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? by cjs (Roy's daugher Debbie...)
Bonus grandson! I love it. I will have to remember that.It sounds nice. So does a party!

I have no flippin' idea what we are having for dinner. I must straighten up the kitchen.

I stayed home with my sweet little boy today. Touch of a fever and sore throat. After a day home with mom he seems healthy and in good spirits. It must be a Christmas Miracle! J/k... But it always does amaze me what a little TLC can do. Thankfully I am home and CAN do it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? by luvnit (Bonus grandson! I lo...)
We're having Taco Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having Taco Sa...)
Tonight's it's spiced chicken breasts with pineapple chutney and a side of asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? by losblanos1 (Tonight's it's spice...)
O.K., my menu is set in stone

Garlic Roasted Prawns with cocktail sauce and Lemon aioli

Pizzas -
cheese (just a goopy cheese and sauce pizza!!)
Olive(Kalamata), Fontina & Pine nut
Sausage, Mushroom & Leek
Mexican

Roy found a bakery locally and picked up lemon bars and a couple cupcakes for dessert.

All is prepped and ready to go and I sure hope it doesn't start sprinkling before I get them all grilled!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? by cjs (O.K., my menu is set...)
Have fun, Jean! Do you do a sauce with the olive, fontina and pine nut pizza? It sounds like something I'd rally like, but I don't know if I'd use a red sauce, so I'm interested in your thoughts.

We were going to have a spinach salad topped with skirt steak and a red wine vinaigrette, but I drank the last of the red wine last night (hic). Oops! That'll be on the menu tomorrow. Tonight we're freezer diving.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? by cjs (O.K., my menu is set...)
Oh Jean what fun you must be having! The menu is making me drool.

We're having the leftover chicken from last night, noodles, and some veggies. Easy - I spent the day trying to learn to design forms in Visual Basic. Now I know what NOT to do. Tomorrow will be better!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!